New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Games for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jodi73

jodi73 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have an ipad, and had been in the itunes store looking through the kids games. They all give the option to buy for the ipad or the iphone. I wanted to get those games for my old desktop power mac that I gave to my kids- will these ipad/iphone games be able to be played on the computer, or is there a computer-version of the same games? Thanks,

Jodi
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

No, they cannot be played on a Desktop OS.

Whether there is a version that is playable on whichever OS you have would depend on the individual game and whether that developer also made one for it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Krostine

Krostine is on a distinguished road

Anyone have a good web browser game they would like to recommend?
& please , no runescape.
LOL
QUOTE Thanks
jodi73

jodi73 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. Is there a good site you know of to get mac desktop games?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

A few from my bookmarks.

Tag Search - Walkthrough Guides, Reviews, Discussion, Hints and Tips at Jay is Games
Jay is Games - Indie Games, Browser Games and Casual Game reviews, walkthroughs, room escape games, point and click games, puzzle games and more!
Macgamestore: Mac Games and More
Download Games for Mac | Safe & Secure Mac Game Downloads at Big Fish Games
Solitaire Till Dawn X
RealArcade
Mac Games - Buy Mac Computer Games - Apple Store (U.S.)
http://www.apple.com/downloads/games/
Apple - App Store - Buy, download, and install apps made for Mac.

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...games-mac.html

QUOTE Thanks
Krostine

Krostine is on a distinguished road

Yeah I read that, I want more tho XD
QUOTE Thanks
Messahup

Messahup is on a distinguished road

Hey all

Was just wondering what games were available on OS X, so i decided to do a bit of research and make a list, if you have any games too add to the list, please do so (reply to thread and i'll update).

1. Assassins Creed II
2. Back to the Future
3. Civilisation V
4. Killing Floor
5. Bejeweled 3
6. Football Manager 2011
7. Left 4 Dead
8. Half Life 2
9. Gary's Mod
10. Penumbra
11. Amnesia
12. Counter Strike Source
13. Team Fortress 2
14. Portal
15. Splinter Cell Conviction
16. Call Of Cuty 4

So have you seen any other mac OS X games (not counting some of the indie/flast based games), if so leave a reply with the name and i'll up it to the list.

Mess

www.turnedon.com.au
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Something worth adding to this thread for comparisons and data ~ Unofficial Macbook Gaming Thread 2008 Models

Even though CodeSamurai used a 2008 model all of these will blitz on the current machines. Didnt compile a list but he has tested quite a few games over the years. Hope its of some help to someone

Cheers

EDIT :

Any good games for Mac OS X intel
Mac games at the Expo 2008 ~ MacForums Blog Couple years old but long list over 4 pages

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Note: Merged multiple duplicate threads.

QUOTE Thanks
oldbard

oldbard is on a distinguished road

The Grid

... and it's very Mac Safari friendly!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Newbie needs help finding equivalent applications for mac | iMac as Print Server for Windows PCs »