New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Disk Warrior help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ChrisAngus

hi, I've got disk warrior 3.03 installed on my only drive, the startup drive. I've just found i need to use a different startup disk with the app on there so i can diagnose my original startup drive. I'm new to mac, just made the switch. is it possible to create a bootup cd with the disk warrior app included?

Chris
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAngus
hi, I've got disk warrior 3.03 installed on my only drive, the startup drive. I've just found i need to use a different startup disk with the app on there so i can diagnose my original startup drive. I'm new to mac, just made the switch. is it possible to create a bootup cd with the disk warrior app included?

Chris
DiskWarrior includes a boot CD that you can use as a start-up disk. Just insert your disk and restart the machine while holding down the "C" key.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
ChrisAngus

Hi, thanks for the reply but i haven't got the original disk, it's the download version.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

From the Alsoft Support site:

Quote:
The DiskWarrior 3.0.3 CD Update is a free updater that will allow you to create a new startup disk with the updated DiskWarrior application on it. If you cannot use the update (i.e. you do not have your original DiskWarrior 3 CD, a Macintosh computer running Mac OS X 10.2.1 or later, or a CD burner, etc.), you will need to purchase an update CD. For ordering information, please review the preceding paragraph.
Link to order update CD here

The updater will not update the version of Mac OS X on your CD. The CD created by the updater will start up the same Mac models as your original DiskWarrior 3.x CD. It will not be able to start up new Mac models that your current CD cannot start up. Please note that a DiskWarrior CD revision 37 updated with the DiskWarrior 3.0.3 CD Update is identical to a revision 38 CD and will start up the new Power Mac G5 models introduced on 04/27/2005 and the new iMac and eMac models introduced on 05/03/2005. To learn how to check your CD revision, click here.

We are experiencing very heavy traffic due to the update. Please expect slow download times. You may download the DiskWarrior 3.0.3 CD Update here.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Badger

If you have a CD burner and Disk Copy or Toast you can try this: Take your system installer CD or or another disk that works as a startup disk, make an unlocked disk image of it. Install DiskWarrior onto the image. (Make sure the image stays small enough to burn to a CD. Trash stuff you don't need from the image if necessary.) Now burn the modified image to a CD. The new disk should be able to start the computer and then you can run DiskWarrior from it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Your Essencial Applications | AOL Instant Messenger File Transfer »