New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Some web pages not loading correctly, help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

miro87043

miro87043 is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I've been using my macbook core duo for over 4 years with few problems. In the past couple weeks it developed a new problem which seems to be software related but I can't solve it after searching many forums.

The problem:
Randomly, some web pages began loading in plain HTML without images. Maybe 10-25% of pages I load. I thought maybe it was a Chrome problem so I started using FireFox, but the same problem persisted. I thought it might be my home network, but it happens on any network I'm using my computer on. It's quite a nuisance and happens very randomly on different pages. One day I couldn't load Amazon correctly, the next day Engadget, the next day MacRumors. I might be able to load the page correctly 5 minutes later or a day later. I tried clearing the cache, removed all add-ons, and reinstalled both FireFox and Chrome.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.7

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
fileunderk

fileunderk is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm having the same issues, all browsers -- Chrome, Firefox, Safari... Pages fail to load or load in basic html. Did you ever solve this?

I'm on a macbook pro, core duo, running snow leopard 10.6.8.
QUOTE Thanks
fileunderk

fileunderk is on a distinguished road

Okay, I fixed it!
I reconfigured the DNS as suggested by: DNS Tips: Establishing a DNS Server on Mac OS X Server 10.7 or 10.6 | HoffmanLabs
to the Google DNS. Instructions here: Google Public DNS

Other things I tried that did not work: Checking for viruses using Sophos and ClamXav - after screening all files, no files were found.

Repairing permissions also did not resolve this issue.

Weird, because why did the DNS configurations work before but then suddenly go bonkers? That's the mystery.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PS3 media streaming | Office 2011 update available from MS. »