Thread: ichat help

Specs:
    ibook G4 14in
    ichat help
    ok, a little help please...

i guess i really haven't given it much thought until my dad decided to cancel his aol service today. I was using my screenname which was created under his account. now since i've had my mac i've used ichat in combination with the aol im account. now that we don't have aol what am i supposed to do?! i've just downloaded yahoo messenger and have added a few of my friends that use the service. my question is can i somehow sync ichat up with messanger? or do i have to download aim again to sync with ichat?

could someone clarify this for me? i don't think i understand the capabilities or use of ichat completely. i'm concerned about using ichat because i also use my isight for video confrencing.

thanks

*oh yeah, has the aol runnning man symbol always been a part of ichat?

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBear
    ... now since i've had my mac i've used ichat in combination with the aol im account. now that we don't have aol what am i supposed to do?! ....or do i have to download aim again to sync with ichat?

could someone clarify this for me? i don't think i understand the capabilities or use of ichat completely. i'm concerned about using ichat because i also use my isight for video confrencing.

thanks

*oh yeah, has the aol runnning man symbol always been a part of ichat?
    You do not need to do anything special to "sync" up AIM with iChat. If your AIM account is still active, then you can continue to use iChat as you always have. If the AIM account is indeed cancelled, you can just start a new AIM screenname and use iChat as you have in the past. There is no need for you to download or install AIM for Mac.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    ibook G4 14in
    thanks d3v1l8oy
    i actually called aol back to double check that. the lady advised me that even though our sevice is cancelled i can still use my sn for aim and webmail without reactivating the account.
    i think i still might create a new sn as i'm not too fond of the one i have now

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*

Thread Information