New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

ichat help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BigBear

BigBear has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14in

ok, a little help please...

i guess i really haven't given it much thought until my dad decided to cancel his aol service today. I was using my screenname which was created under his account. now since i've had my mac i've used ichat in combination with the aol im account. now that we don't have aol what am i supposed to do?! i've just downloaded yahoo messenger and have added a few of my friends that use the service. my question is can i somehow sync ichat up with messanger? or do i have to download aim again to sync with ichat?

could someone clarify this for me? i don't think i understand the capabilities or use of ichat completely. i'm concerned about using ichat because i also use my isight for video confrencing.

thanks

*oh yeah, has the aol runnning man symbol always been a part of ichat?

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear
... now since i've had my mac i've used ichat in combination with the aol im account. now that we don't have aol what am i supposed to do?! ....or do i have to download aim again to sync with ichat?

could someone clarify this for me? i don't think i understand the capabilities or use of ichat completely. i'm concerned about using ichat because i also use my isight for video confrencing.

thanks

*oh yeah, has the aol runnning man symbol always been a part of ichat?
You do not need to do anything special to "sync" up AIM with iChat. If your AIM account is still active, then you can continue to use iChat as you always have. If the AIM account is indeed cancelled, you can just start a new AIM screenname and use iChat as you have in the past. There is no need for you to download or install AIM for Mac.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
BigBear

BigBear has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14in

thanks d3v1l8oy
i actually called aol back to double check that. the lady advised me that even though our sevice is cancelled i can still use my sn for aim and webmail without reactivating the account.
i think i still might create a new sn as i'm not too fond of the one i have now

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Font Book problems | ClamXav »