New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes Library Help- Organize by multiple criteria

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Verb

I am wondering if it is possible to organize my iTunes library by multiple criteria. For instance: Right now my library is organized by Artist so that all albums by that artist appear next to each other. A problem arrises when I add compilation albums because the artist is different on each track. At present, I am forced to change the artist name to Various Artists so that the album will appear in the library as it should.

What I would like to do is arrange most of my library by Artist, while being able to arrange compilation albums by Album. Is this possible? Does anyone know of a way to go about this?

Thank you.

Verb
QUOTE Thanks
wolf88

You can choose to group compilations when browsing in the iTunes Preferences.
Just make sure the 'Compilation' box is checked in the 'Get Info' section of each album/song.
QUOTE Thanks
Verb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf88
You can choose to group compilations when browsing in the iTunes Preferences.
Just make sure the 'Compilation' box is checked in the 'Get Info' section of each album/song.

Yes I do have the "Group Compilation" checked in prefs.

This option still does not give me what I am looking for. Even with this pref checked my compilations still appear out of numerical order, and it does nothing in the actual Library view.

I am looking for a solution that will allow my compilations to appear in the actual library (not the browse feature) in numerical order and grouped as Album, while allowing me to group my other albums by Artist so that their discographies are all grouped together.

Does this make sense? I can try and elaborate more if this is confusing.

Verb
QUOTE Thanks
DCraver

DCraver is a jewel in the roughDCraver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac G5

Click 'Album' at the top bar.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Illustrator CS File Problem | counter-strike »