New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Have no permissions in iTunes to dl from the store !!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

If this is more appropriate in OSX - Operating System please move.

Now havnt done anything out of the ordinary except updated iTunes 2 days ago and now everytime i go to update or dl from the store i get this msg

Now if i goto store>check downloads it comes up with

Now the question is, is there a App out there that will scan for folders with there permissions and bring up any i select it to ??
I only ask bc i have checked the permissions on my iTunes Media Folder and the sub folders in that but not the sub>sub folders as i have 1000's

Any suggestions anyone. bc im NOT going to search for a single folder!!! IS that what the error is y=trying to tell me ??

Anyone else with problems after the update ??
As everyone knows i will need access to this. Anything will be welcomed

iTunes 10.2.1

I will try repairing permissions and see if that fixes it and will post back. Apart from that i dont know what else to do

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

What are the permissions on your ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music and ~/Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications folder? Your users should have read & write permissions. I know you checked the permissions already but what are the permissions on the folders that you checked?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

All folders and sub folders down to the start of the album folders are all Read&Write.

I just did a clean sweep with MainMenu and still no joy. As soon as i opened iTunes i got another error saying You dont have the required permissions to complete this request and it then went to my Library when i clicked the OK tab.

I have checked and double checked everything up until getting into the 1000's of folder

Cheers

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

BUMP

Anyone anything ??

It really annoying as it wont let me update, dl ANYTHING !!!!!!

Will trashing the .plist do anything ??
Is there a terminal command or set of commands to find this shoddy permissions ??
Will a trashing of iTunes and reinstalling change anything ??
Will a reinstall of the system my only way to go ??

Cheers

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I have run into problems in the past with permissions getting messed up and I used an APP that I believe is named Locker (will check to see if this is correct).
You launch the APP and it sits in your dock and if you have a problem file or folder you drag and drop it on the Dock Icon. Has helped me before, but don't know if it would help here.

EDIT: I will check when I get home, since I don't have access to my MBP right now. Taking the liberty of editing my edits and cleaning up this post. I believe this is the APP I was talking about

http://www.vojousoftware.com/locker/

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Some things to try.

1. Go in to verify the permissions on your iTunes Media folder again - first open up iTunes Preferences - Advanced and make sure it hasn't changed - or just do it to your Music folder (I'm assuming you're not using an external for your Media folder). Unlock the lock - click the gear at the bottom and select 'Apply to enclosed items'. This will change all subfolders at one click.

2. Make sure you have a 'Shared' folder inside your 'Users' folder - and make sure it has 'Read & Write' permissions across the board. iTunes will not work without that folder.

3. look in your Users/Shared folder - if you have something in there called 'SC Info', move it out.

4. Try de-authorizing and re-authorizing your iTunes account.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
2. Make sure you have a 'Shared' folder inside your 'Users' folder - and everyone has 'Read & Write' permissions for it. iTunes will not work without that folder.
Really? Nice tip!

I just tried changing the permissions on that folder to read only for everybody except for "everyone" which I changed to "No Access." I did that and when I opened up iTunes, I got an error message saying the following: "You do not have enough access privileges for this operation." I tried downloading the free single of the week (sorry TM, don't feel like spending money to help you out here) and I was told that I couldn't because the permissions were wrong on my iTunes folder. Changed the permissions back to read & write for system, wheel and everyone and the song downloaded without a problem.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:

2. Make sure you have a 'Shared' folder inside your 'Users' folder - and make sure it has 'Read & Write' permissions across the board. iTunes will not work without that folder.
Phew This worked Bob TY so very much.
As soon as i saw your post, i knew i had to put a Shared Folder in my Users. I remember Trashing it when i did a Daisy Disk look and it went when i did a clean out. Awesome Thanks again mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Really? Nice tip!
One to remember for sure. Ill be the first to suggest this when we get another similar thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
(sorry TM, don't feel like spending money to help you out here)
I would of for you
I could of Pay Pal'ed you

Thanks for going that far anyway Van Cheers mate

TY all im back to normal now

Cheers

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Glad it worked out.

Just another of those things why it's not good with OS X to go mucking about outside of your Home folder (at least not without a backup). You just never know how things are all tied together.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
I would of for you
I could of Pay Pal'ed you

Thanks for going that far anyway Van Cheers mate
That's what the free song of the week is for my good man. That, or I would have had to find a song I liked and felt "compelled" to download it.

Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Dragonduels88

Dragonduels88 is on a distinguished road

im having the same issue as the other man is having but how do i change permissions, so that i can download movies and stuff from itunes?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonduels88 View Post
im having the same issue as the other man is having but how do i change permissions, so that i can download movies and stuff from itunes?
Try this as already posted above

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay

If no luck be sure to return and we will take it from there

Cheers

QUOTE Thanks
blahblahblue8

blahblahblue8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Some things to try.

1. Go in to verify the permissions on your iTunes Media folder again - first open up iTunes Preferences - Advanced and make sure it hasn't changed - or just do it to your Music folder (I'm assuming you're not using an external for your Media folder). Unlock the lock - click the gear at the bottom and select 'Apply to enclosed items'. This will change all subfolders at one click.

3. look in your Users/Shared folder - if you have something in there called 'SC Info', move it out.

4. Try de-authorizing and re-authorizing your iTunes account.
HI, i have the same problem with the premissions and privelleges accessing itunes store and downloading an app for my new iphone.
just like @tattooedmac i did store>check downloads but then i recieve a message saying:

"We could not complete your Itunes store request. You dont have enough privileges for this operation. There was an error in the Itunes store."

All of the itunes and shared folders are with read and write permissions and the SC Info inside the users/shared folder i cannot remove or delete. And when i try to authorize or de-authorize my apple ID this appears:

"There was an error storing your authorization information on the computer. The required file was not found or has permissions error. Correct this permissions problem and try again, or de-authorize this computer if the permissions cannot be changed."

And when i de-authorized the same msg appears!

Please helpp! Cheers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP, After updating iphoto's i've lost all photo's | Delete duplicate files »