New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problems with IMovie and Divx Plus

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ironsides44

ironsides44 is on a distinguished road

When I tried to play the iMovie tutorial I get the following box

“Divx Plus Web Player

The file you are trying to play has failed to finish downloading and can no longer play”

How do I get the correct file back so that I can play the tutorial

Is Divx Plus an integral part of iMovie?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Divx has nothing to do with your Mac unless you have installed Divx and allowed it to set itself as the default player.

You need to supply more info - what OS X version are you using - where are you getting the video that you are attempting to play?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
ironsides44

Bobtomay Tks for this reply and recent warning -- I wii not do same questions under multiple sites again. i honestly didn't know.

As far as my question goes, I think you have answered it for the most part. MY system is Mac OS X 10.6.6 (is that snow leopard?) Right now I am just trying to view the tutorial clips that come with iMovie.

If I don't need Divx, how do I get it of my Mac and make my iMovie the default6?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
ironsides44

'bump'
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Advise needed about hiding apps | Streaming WMV on Mac »