New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Do you think MobileMe is going to be free then?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

darrylyoung

darrylyoung is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iPhone 5 | iPad 4

Hey everyone,

I've read a lot of rumours about the possibility of MobileMe becoming free sometime this year and I wondered what you guys thought about this. Do you think it will happen? I'm just coming to the end of my first year as a MobileMe customer but I can't really 'hold back' and wait for it to be free as my @me.com email address is important to me. Needless to say, it looks like I'll be paying another 59 in a few weeks.

I remember reading that Apple said 2011 will be a big year for MobileMe but so far I've heard nothing.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy the rest of the weekend
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

The rumor of it going free pops up on and off over the last many years. We won't know until they actually do it.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

IMO I think there will be a standard free option, but I think there will also be a paid version available offering more than what you get in their free package. Like Dropbox but better?

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EATTHERICH View Post

I remember reading that Apple said 2011 will be a big year for MobileMe but so far I've heard nothing.
As I recall, that comment was made in the context of an email someone claimed to receive from Jobs. As much as I admire him for occasionally responding to customers, I always take anything I read from those reports with a grain of salt.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
As I recall, that comment was made in the context of an email someone claimed to receive from Jobs. As much as I admire him for occasionally responding to customers, I always take anything I read from those reports with a grain of salt.
Why don't you email Steve and ask him? sjobs@apple.com
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygray View Post
Why don't you email Steve and ask him? sjobs@apple.com
Not sure what the point would be. It's not like they're going to make a major product announcement by way of an email to a customer.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Not to mention, Apple has claimed a "big year" for MobileMe quite a few times over the last decade. So I don't hold out much hope until they actually announce something.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
darrylyoung

darrylyoung is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iPhone 5 | iPad 4

Thanks for the replies
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

I reckon there is something in the rumours. Integrated iOS come 10.7 Lion and the iPhone5 all with access to MobileMe. I read somewhere that when they bring out the iP5 there could be a free subscription to MM and then with lion, "the cloud in the sky" will be able to sync every device you own. Well im hoping so.
I remembered this bc this would be a definite in getting the iP5

Can only hope

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Device Selector windows pops up when i start Mac and when I shut it down | Apple Works »