New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Photo Booth freezes on me

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oxband

oxband is on a distinguished road

When I try to take a photograph with PhotoBooth, I get the clicking noise and it says that it captured one photo, but in reality, no photo has been taken. There is no thumbnail and no new photo. Same thing with video: I get the 1-2-3 prompt, but then it doesn't actually record video. The program freezes after that. I can move around the window, but the image inside is frozen.

Any thoughts for troubleshooting? I've deleted preferences and it didn't help. I also deleted the program and reinstalled it to no avail.

I'm using Snow Leopard on a MBP, although this was also a problem before i upgraded to Snow Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

have you tried Repairing permissions in disk utility?

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
oxband

Yup. No help
QUOTE Thanks
Thekent

Thekent is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem (freezes after taking picture - no picture shows up, etc)

I have deleted all the plists. I have repaired all permissions. I deleted photobooth and down graded to an earlier version which wouldn't work with this OS, but I then re-installed the Snow Leopard version of Photobooth (PB3.0) with Pacifist.

I have no idea what else to do?

Has anyone been able to fix this?

Also, I do have Blackops Dotmatrix installed and it does a similar thing. Acts like it is taking a picture, but does not write it to the disk.

Does anyone that knows about intimate software details (i.e. how isight writes to a file) know if there is a shared process that these two programs might use to write to disk that could be corrupted?
QUOTE Thanks
oxband

I had to right click on Photobooth in my applications folder and check the preferences. Apparently, I wasn't listed as the owner with read and write privileges. Change that and see if it works. i spent so long trying to figure this out. Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with Firefox | cod4 not starting up »