New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari and youtube issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KevSex

KevSex is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, just new to this forum.

Not sure where i should be posting this message :/

Just wondering if anyone could help me... Just recently viewing Youtube videos isn't working in Safari.

I've tried Firefox and works fine but not in Safari.
Also, I have tried to find the problem myself and found out that when i go to the users page, I can view their videos from there but on the videos pages, they don't seem to work.

I haven't changed any settings that I know of and has only occured today.

EDIT: I have also tried clearing cache, cookies etc but still no luck

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Repairing permissions worked with the last member who had this issue. Then restart.
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

I've had the same problem for 3 weeks now and ended up using firefox instead.
I searched on here and already repaired permissions, removed/reinstalled adobe flash, cleared the cache, and removed all extensions and still can't watch vids.
I don't want to remove Safari (via AppZapper) and reinstall it just because i have a bunch of website passwords saved and don't want to lose them.

Any other ways to tackle this? Cheers!

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
sqd rox

sqd rox is an unknown at this point

I am having issues with playing videos in safari off youtube. It just started all of a sudden and the screen is blank where the video should be. I have tried reinstalling flash as well as reseting safari. I am still having the same problem, I have no idea why it started as well. Videos work in firefox though. Can anyone recommend anything else?
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Sounds stupid but have you tried re-booting your machine?

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
sqd rox

its not stupid but yes, that was the first thing I tried
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Try downloading and re-installing Safari!

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
sqd rox

didn't work
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Try a permissions repair in disk utility. While it shouldn't directly affect Safari it may well solve the issue.
It seems that Safari has lost a plug in somewhere though.
A couple of things. When you reset Safari did you empty the cache?
And what version OS are you running on what Mac?

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Did you install or change anything before this started happening?

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
windowphobic

windowphobic is on a distinguished road

I'm having the exact same issue,

there is no 'Play' button and the video area is blank.

I am on latest OSX, Safari and Flash. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash (with reboots) and the behaviour hasn't changed.

The only system config thing I've changed recently is to add Microsoft Silverlight.

Ken.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

What version of OS X are you running and which version of Flash?

QUOTE Thanks
Y2A

Y2A is on a distinguished road

I just started having the same exact problem as well on my macbook, youtube was working just fine a couple days ago, but all of a sudden I only see a black screen. I did all the above:

1. uninstalled+reinstalled flash
2. cleared cache and cookies
3. repaired disk permissions
4. rebooted

Nothing worked, I didn't install anything new and I'm on the latest version of safari and osx as well. What gives?
QUOTE Thanks
Y2A

Y2A is on a distinguished road

I just started having the same exact problem as well on my macbook, youtube was working just fine a couple days ago, but all of a sudden I only see a black screen. I did all the above:

1. uninstalled+reinstalled flash
2. cleared cache and cookies
3. repaired disk permissions
4. rebooted

Nothing worked, I didn't install anything new and I'm on the latest version of safari and osx as well. What gives?
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUKE179r View Post
I don't want to remove Safari (via AppZapper) and reinstall it just because i have a bunch of website passwords saved and don't want to lose them.
I doubt reinstalling Safari would fix it anyway.

But as for the passwords, etc, those are stored in your keychain, not Safari.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can i save Mail to an external drive? | QuickSilver program not loading »