New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MS remote desktop for Mac doesn't support TS gateway?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ScubaDachshund

ScubaDachshund is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone4, MBP

Can someone please confirm this for me? I'm trying to remote into my work computer but I'm told I need to be able to use TS gateway. (I'm brand new to Mac and brand new to this remote desktop stuff.) I had one of the tech guys try to get it set up but he said he couldn't find where in RDP for Mac to set up the TS gateway info.

Hoping someone can give me a way to set this up or a work-around. I really don't want to have to spend money on Parallels (his recommendation) or try to set up Darwin (looked complicated).
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

TS gateway?

Are you using a VPN or something? Once on the same network as the remote Windows computer, you can try CoRD: Remote Desktop for Mac OS X

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
ScubaDachshund

ScubaDachshund is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone4, MBP

Thanks Razoredge for the recommendation. I tried CoRD but couldn't figure out how to configure it. As I said, I'm new to both Mac and this whole "remoting in" thing. The help file was not of much help to me. Any suggestions on where I can find more information?

I have 2 ways to access my work computer. One is to use Microsoft Remote Desktop program. The only problem is that the Mac version doesn't support Terminal Service Gateway. The other way is by accessing the network via mobile.xxx.com (xxx is the company name). The mobile.xxx.com is the way I used to access my work computer but it requires a program called Juniper once you are in the newtwork. As far as I can tell, Juniper is a windows only program.

So far I haven't had the need to work from home. I guess if I do, I can use my wife's computer but that's a hassle. (She's usually glued to Farmville )
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Metastock for Mac | I need a cracked version of ACDsee pro for mac »