New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Fix Rise of Nations Gold?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

My father gave me his CD of Rise of Nations Gold. I've installed it and tried to apply the patch for it. However, it gives me Sha1 errors on 3 of the files (that you can only see by 'show package contents') and won't update it. By searching I found that Sha1 errors might mean they are corrupted. I've also found that some of the files are missing.. Is it possible to dl a demo and possibly replace the files?

invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

All I can suggest is to try to install it again and apply the patches. If the CD is damaged or scratched, you may be able to get another from Microsoft as long as the original was registered and you have the original serial number to install.
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

I have no idea if it was ever registered and I doubt my father would remember. The interesting thing is it has never asked me for a serial number, I just assumed that it was that old that (as many games I bought years ago) it didn't need it since I have the original cd.

invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

This is an old cd, was bought probably very close to when they appeared for mac in store... So if it never asks me for a serial #, would that be part of the problem? When I've installed it, it has never said there was a problem...

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

If it didn't ask for a SN then it probably doesn't need it. All MS newer games ask for authentication (SN). But as I said before, other than trying to reinstall, I have no other suggestions to get it going. It may be too old to run in newer versions of OS X?
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

Thank you chscag

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PLAGUED BY iPHONE AD | Help - Don't Quite Understand iPhoto »