Specs:
    Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
    Fix Rise of Nations Gold?
    My father gave me his CD of Rise of Nations Gold. I've installed it and tried to apply the patch for it. However, it gives me Sha1 errors on 3 of the files (that you can only see by 'show package contents') and won't update it. By searching I found that Sha1 errors might mean they are corrupted. I've also found that some of the files are missing.. Is it possible to dl a demo and possibly replace the files?
    invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    All I can suggest is to try to install it again and apply the patches. If the CD is damaged or scratched, you may be able to get another from Microsoft as long as the original was registered and you have the original serial number to install.

Specs:
    I have no idea if it was ever registered and I doubt my father would remember. The interesting thing is it has never asked me for a serial number, I just assumed that it was that old that (as many games I bought years ago) it didn't need it since I have the original cd.
    invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses

Specs:
    This is an old cd, was bought probably very close to when they appeared for mac in store... So if it never asks me for a serial #, would that be part of the problem? When I've installed it, it has never said there was a problem...

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    If it didn't ask for a SN then it probably doesn't need it. All MS newer games ask for authentication (SN). But as I said before, other than trying to reinstall, I have no other suggestions to get it going. It may be too old to run in newer versions of OS X?

Specs:
    Thank you chscag

Thread Information