New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

IWork 09

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

champ1235

champ1235 is on a distinguished road

Hello All my question is I have a mackbook pro and purchased Iwork09 I have to write essays for school and my online blackboard will not except pages I was told that Iwork09 can be turned into microsoft word document can somone tell me how to do this its driving me crazy Or do I have to go out and buy Microsoft word for Mac. all I need to know is that if I type it out on Pages can I send it to my professor in word format I guess
any help would be greatful
Thanks Champ
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Welcome to Mac-Forums
Just send it to your professor as it is and Word should be able to read it no problem.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ1235 View Post
Hello All my question is I have a mackbook pro and purchased Iwork09 I have to write essays for school and my online blackboard will not except pages I was told that Iwork09 can be turned into microsoft word document can somone tell me how to do this its driving me crazy Or do I have to go out and buy Microsoft word for Mac. all I need to know is that if I type it out on Pages can I send it to my professor in word format I guess
any help would be greatful
Thanks Champ
File menu >Export

One of the choices is Word format.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I'm still using iWork 07. But I think in 09, from the File menu, you can select Save As... and then choose to save it in MS Word format.

In 07, you had to do an export and then choose Word.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

In pages you go to Export, or when go to "Save as" there should be a checkbox that says something like "Save Copy as Word Document."

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
In pages you go to Export, or when go to "Save as" there should be a checkbox that says something like "Save Copy as Word Document."

For once I was fastest on the draw in answering one of these.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
For once I was fastest on the draw in answering one of these.
I like to be thorough and have pics.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

What app do you use to blur out stuff like that?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
What app do you use to blur out stuff like that?
It's a plugin from Alien Skin: Bokeh 2

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
champ1235

champ1235 is on a distinguished road

Ok Thank everyone fror their responses I found the save as and it says sace as word document I just hope that next assignment when i send it that way he can read it once again Thank you all
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
It's a plugin from Alien Skin: Bokeh 2
I checked it out, they have some pretty neat stuff. I guess for me, Bokeh might be overkill to buy it just for blurring screenshots though.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat View Post
I checked it out, they have some pretty neat stuff. I guess for me, Bokeh might be overkill to buy it just for blurring screenshots though.
Yeah probably I use it for photography, specifically images that I'm not happy with. >_<"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Building a database | iTunes - List/Grid view help! »