Question Ical and Firefox
    I recently purchased a new internal hard drive for my macbook, and had a friend copy my entire computer onto it, except then, because we didn't have the screwdriver, we didn't install the new drive for about 2 months. So in the meantime I kept using my old hard drive, and now that I switched them, I am missing all the changes I made and things I added in that interim time. I was able to copy the old hard drive's user folder onto the new one, so I don't hafta carry it around to access it, but my question is, "How can I restore my Ical to how it was on the old hard drive, and my firefow as well?" All my events and todos since the first copy to my new drive are not there, and in firefox all my bookmarks are different.

2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Your Firefox profile is in your Home Directory > Library > Application Support > Firefox. In that directory, you want the "places.sqlite" file. For more info, see here. For iCal, I think the folder you want is at Home Directory > Library > Calendars. I'm not sure on this one though. Just to be safe, you may want to backup those folders/files first in case something goes wrong.

You could always boot into your old HD, backup/export everything from there and then simply import it into iCal and Firefox from there.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information