New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Ugliest App icons!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

just for fun, what are your top three most hated App icons?

mine would have to be:

1: Little Snitch
2: VLC
3: Handbrake

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

LOL i see your a icon man from your Deviant page

Yours Little Snitch ~ Agree
VLC ~ Not bad but thought at one stage they where going to change it to the Bulldozer ?? Hmmm
HandBrake ~ LOve it especially when it says Put the cocktail down lol

Mine

#1 Skype
#2 I dont like ANY of the  i App icons . . . . Boring
#3 AirFlick

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Hmmm interesting idea!

1. ffmpegx - it's just really poor, no effort gone into it.
2. Yahoo messenger - I hate the yellow smiley icon, it's childish.
3. VLC - why on earth is it a traffic cone?

I must admit Little Snitch is a bit rubbish, but I too like the Handbrake icon, not that it's particularly relevant to the app, it's nice, and the cocktail thing is cool.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all

haha i havent upped any for a while so i thought id take the link down for a bit, till i come up with some more

got to agree the skype one is horrible, i changed it to the iOS one, as they look alot neater!

i also have to agree with apple icons... preview being one of the worst, along with itunes 10 (abomination) lol!

just googled the airflick one, as ive never used it, that would drive me a little bit nuts!

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

yeah... the traffic cone is just completely wierd! but then so would a bulldozer....

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

There are 2 icons I hate more than all the rest.
The Mail app,
and Address Book.
The rest, I can live with.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
There are 2 icons I hate more than all the rest.
The Mail app,
and Address Book.
The rest, I can live with.

i never use them apps so i never really have any need to change them.

QUOTE Thanks
ClockworkWorld

ClockworkWorld has a spectacular aura about

1. iCal
2. iBank
3. Finder

Late 2010 iMac 27 inch  2.93GHz i7 16GB RAM 2TB HDD
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch Glossy  2.3GHz Quad-core i7 8GB RAM 750GB HDD
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

1. Barnes Noble Nook - looks like an exaggerated frown
2. YouTube - outdated, need to go HDTV at least
3. iCal - just generally lame

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Audacity
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Finder needs a face lift.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

As much as I like Opera, their icon is simply terrible and lacks any creativity (see here). I also have to say the Firefox icon - it looks really out of place no matter where it is and I can't explain why.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
As much as I like Opera, their icon is simply terrible and lacks any creativity (see here).
oh dear that is an awfully boring icon!

QUOTE Thanks
ClockworkWorld

ClockworkWorld has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
As much as I like Opera, their icon is simply terrible and lacks any creativity (see here). I also have to say the Firefox icon - it looks really out of place no matter where it is and I can't explain why.
I love Opera as well, by far my favorite browser! But I don't understand either why they couldn't come up with something better. Safari and even *shudders to admit it* IE have more creative icons by far (to me) than Opera, and Firefox...

Late 2010 iMac 27 inch  2.93GHz i7 16GB RAM 2TB HDD
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch Glossy  2.3GHz Quad-core i7 8GB RAM 750GB HDD
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockworkWorld View Post
IE have more creative icons by far (to me) than Opera, and Firefox...

You sir, need to wash your mouth out with soap and water..... go on...

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question about streaming videos | iLife 11 »