JScottDaniel
    Smile Got my first mac today and need some answers
    Hi, I just found this site and hope to get some useful information here. I had recently purchased a powerbook 17" and am trying to install some programs. I just realized that I can not install maya that I had purchased for my pc since it is an .exe file. I am wondering is there a way I can change the file so I can download it into my mac without having to purchase another one?

Thanks

Specs:
    MacBook
    Sorry, there is no way to convert an .exe file to work on Mac. That is a windows file and will only work on Windows. You could look into VPC, but it would be better off to just run the program on a Windows box.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Isn't there a Maya version for OS X?
    If so, you should be able to ask them for an exchange from PC to Mac version.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon
    Isn't there a Maya version for OS X?
    If so, you should be able to ask them for an exchange from PC to Mac version.
    Yes, there is a Mac version of Maya. The app costs over $2000 though. It is highly unlikely that Alias is going to allow an exchange(it is unclear when the OP purchased it) and I have a feeling that the OP is not willing to shell out another 2 grand for a new copy.
    This is why I suggested just using it on the PC, under Windows.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

JScottDaniel
    Thanks for your responses.

D3v1l80y is right that I do not want to shell out another $2,000. I will find a way to get it without having to pay.

Thanks

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Contact the maker of maya. They may exchange the software, by you sending the orginal packing and it contents. After which they should send you out the Apple version. I would call them, it would not hurt.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
    Yes, there is a Mac version of Maya. The app costs over $2000 though. It is highly unlikely that Alias is going to allow an exchange(it is unclear when the OP purchased it) and I have a feeling that the OP is not willing to shell out another 2 grand for a new copy.
    This is why I suggested just using it on the PC, under Windows.
    Hmm...well, a friend of mine had a similar issue with his Adobe software (was way over $2000 all together), he gave Adobe a call, explained them that he had switched to Mac. They told him simply to send in the original Windows versions, and got the Mac versions instead, paying only transportation costs for the package.

I'm sure that there is a way to negotiate such an exchange...if not, I agree that keeping the PC for Maya would be the best option...I doubt it'll run reasonably fast under VirtualPC.

JScottDaniel
    I have decided to keep the Maya on my PC and not to bother trying to exchange for mac.

Thanks

Thread Information