New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

One Very Frustrated new Mac member

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AdamH87

I just got my new ibook and have had some problems. My iphoto went bazurk...which I fixed by creating a new iphoto library and ditching the old one(was able to keep my pics thank god) but now some more stuff is bugging me.

Mostly with AIM....and sometimes with Safari...the program completley just crashes and i get an error message like the application has quit unexpectently and i have the option of reopening it or w/e. It's been happening very often at some points and its driving me nuts. Any help?
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

what are you doing when this occurs and what are your mac specs.

QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH87
Mostly with AIM....and sometimes with Safari...the program completley just crashes and i get an error message like the application has quit unexpectently and i have the option of reopening it or w/e. It's been happening very often at some points and its driving me nuts. Any help?
Well, first off I would not use AIM at all.
Just use iChat. You can still use your AIM account and unlike AIM, iChat is not a complete pile of crap..hehe :black:

As far as programs quitting unexpectedly, your first thing to do would be to repair permissions.
Go to Applications>Utillities>Disk Utility
When you have Disk Utility open, select your HD and click on the "Repair Permissions" button.
This will usually clear up any "weirdness" you may happen to notice.

For more indepth help, please post all of your system's specs and we can try to help you a little better.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

It sounds like bad memory to me.. that's usually the type of behavior when you have bad RAM installed.. you might want to go to an Apple store and have them check it out.
QUOTE Thanks
AdamH87

its a brand new 14" ibook...updated...1.42 ghz 512 ram 60 GB hard drive...ive only been using it for about a week now. I'm running the repair permissions thing right now...im also tryin to reinstall aim...but cant really reinstall safari can i lol...any other suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
phantasma

make sure all ur software is up to date, and use adium as ur AIM client. Adium is more or less like a trillian but for the mac. Ive been using ever since i got my pbook and love it.

www.adiumx.com

and check out the adium xtras, you can customize it out the butt.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
It sounds like bad memory to me.. that's usually the type of behavior when you have bad RAM installed.. you might want to go to an Apple store and have them check it out.
i agree

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help installing Nicotine, Fink, & Soulseek for OS 10.3.9 | font problem »