New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari - Displaying every website I want, except one???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Liam

Liam has a spectacular aura about

I am trying to visit a website on my machine which simply does not work. All I get is a message saying the following:

Quote:
"Safari can’t connect to the server.
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.domain.com/” because Safari can’t connect to the server “www.domain.com”."
I can visit the website on my Blackberry, I can visit it on my computer at work, but it simply refuses to load on my home machine.

I have tried emptying the Safari Cache, flushing the DNS in Terminal, restarting my computer numerous times, but still absolutely nothing. It has been over a day now.

Is there anything else I could try?
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Your OS X version is _____.
Safari version is ______.
QUOTE Thanks
Liam

OSX: 10.6.6
Safari: Version 5.0.3 (6533.19.4)
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all

Ok, you're up to date. Do you have another browser on your home computer? Try a different one.

What browser is loading it at work?
QUOTE Thanks
Liam

Yep, tried Firefox and does exactly the same.

Safari is the one loading at work - same OS, same Browser. It is just completely bizarre !
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

Compare your settings in Safari > Preferences at home and at work, especially Security
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Clicking on your link shows the page not found message, and redirects to the web site. Using anything to prevent redirect or Advanced Preferences preventing this?

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Terminal -- shell script -- script will only read two lines of a file | MacBook Cannot Connect to the App Store »