New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Chrome and Java

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TsOPWallace

TsOPWallace is on a distinguished road

Chrome doesn't seem to get along with Java very well, any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Get along well in what respect? Does it work or is it just slow? Rendering issues? Loading issues?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
TsOPWallace

My main problem was that KeepVid doesn't work with it, but it's seems that it just doesn't interatc with java at all. It tells me I need to download it even though I'm running the most up-to-date version.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Have you tried Safari?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
TsOPWallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
Have you tried Safari?

Regards
THB I don't actually like Safari. I was using FireFox but I started having issue with it beach-balling at frustratingly frequent intervals. I switched to google chrome and I'm very satisfied despite a few bumps in the crossover.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

To isolate if the issue is specific to Chrome or Java in general, using Safari or Firefox even would help..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
TsOPWallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
To isolate if the issue is specific to Chrome or Java in general, using Safari or Firefox even would help..

Regards
Seems to be a global issue, just so happens to have started after I got Chrome though... I'm not exactly sure what do do from here. Any other Youtube video downloading programs or sites that you know of?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Open up /Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences.app. Make sure Java is "checked on" (checkbox next to the Java version you want on).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
TsOPWallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Open up /Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences.app. Make sure Java is "checked on" (checkbox next to the Java version you want on).
It's checked on.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

What versions do you have listed there? Have you restarted the browser? If you go to the URL about:plugins in Chrome, is Java listed and enabled?

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
TsOPWallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
What versions do you have listed there? Have you restarted the browser? If you go to the URL about:plugins in Chrome, is Java listed and enabled?
4, a 32 and 64 bit version of 5, and 6 SE or whatever, and it is enabled in the Plugins
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Perhaps I should have asked this elsewhere but does Java work on other sites? There is a Java test page here.

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lag in games for first time in 18 months | Adobe Air - Free Version »