Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    Macbook Pro Mid-2010 4gb ram
    Unhappy Most games don't work on my Macbook Pro
    Hello,

I am sorry if i messed up in anyway posting this. I am a newbie.

Anyway, I just reinstalled OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and i used to be able to run the following games perfectly:

Halo
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Other High end games.

They worked perfectly but now don't work at all. They stay in the dock for a second then go away. Can anyone help?

P.S. i have a Macbook Pro with 4gb of ram. 2010 Model 13 inch screen.

Nvidia Video Card
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
    250gb Hard Drive.

P.P.S. Yes i know they did not make GTA for mac. It is a cider port.
    "All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR Dang LEMONS! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M THE MAN WHO'S GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! WITH THE LEMONS!

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Note: Moved to Applications and Games
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Nobody Knows?

Applecare isn't help, They tell me to contact Bungie and say ciderports don't work with mac.
    "All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR Dang LEMONS! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M THE MAN WHO'S GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! WITH THE LEMONS!

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Obviously when you reinstalled Snow Leopard, you didn't install something that's needed to run the games. Did you correctly reinstall the GTA cider port? Also, why did you have to reinstall Snow Leopard?

Specs:
    I wanted to reinstall it to clear up my computer. It had too much Junk on it. I did reinstall GTA, It just quits.

What should i look into reinstalling?
    Im a newbie and don't know.

Specs:
    What should i look into reinstalling?
    I would start by reinstalling the GTA Cider port and then the games. Make sure you uninstall anything that was left over from the last install.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Give this a try:

Mac OS X 10.6 Help: If you need to install Rosetta

And I'd recommend not clean installing the OS with a new Mac. UNIX-based OSes don't suffer from the same kind of rot that Windows does. This is a bad habit many of us bring over from the Windows world.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Ok
    Thanks for the information.

I will try it when i get some time.

Specs:
    I reinstalled roseta.

Turns out i didn't install it earlier.
    My games are still crashing including halo

Any more Suggestions?

Specs:
    I don't think you need Rosetta to run GTA Cider port games on your Mac but it certainly didn't do any harm to install it anyway.

Did you try what I suggested above? Remove and reinstall the GTA Cider port, remove and reinstall the games. That's the best I can come up with.

Specs:
    I did

I removed it and all of its files in the documents.

Reinstalled it and it still doesn't work.

Specs:
    I installed a new ciderport called Hospital Tycoon and it does not work either.

How about i erase and reinstall osx including roseta (Even though it doesn't matter).

Its worth a try but i want to get input first.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Computermichael View Post
    I installed a new ciderport called Hospital Tycoon and it does not work either.

How about i erase and reinstall osx including roseta (Even though it doesn't matter).

Its worth a try but i want to get input first.
    Try this first - go into System Preferences => Accounts. Create a new account for yourself (this is just a test). Log out of your existing account and log into the new one. Install one of the problematic games. Test it now and see if it makes a difference.

This would be my last ditch effort before a complete reinstall (which is almost never necessary as OS X doesn't suffer a registry like Windows does and most software does not modify the underlying OS).
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Ok, i will try it

Specs:
    It WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank You for your help!!!
    Just 1 Question left till i close this forum,
    What should i do know to my account?

Thread Information