Opening Docs Maximised in Office 2011
    I have Office 2011 running on my Macbook, but I hate it that, in either Word, Excel or Powerpoint, every time you open a new document/presentation it cascades instead of opening maximised. I then have to maximise the document/presentation myself.

I may be missing an über-obvious setting somewhere, but isn't there just a setting somewhere to open all documents/presentations maximised?

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    Quote Originally Posted by schase View Post
    I then have to maximise the document/presentation myself.
    Why do you have to mixamize the document? That would be pretty inconvenient. After all, you just got this fancy new MacBook with a widescreen display, designed to display more than one document or application at a time, and now, for some inexplicable reason, you are being forced to "maximize" documents so that you can only see one thing at a time. That's horrible.

Might as well be stuck on Windows!

Is someone forcing you to do this? Are they threatening you? If so, consider calling the police.

No one should be forced to use their computer that way.

Specs:
    iMac 2.7 i5 + MBP 13" 2.26 (2009) + IPad + iPhone
    Office 2011 on Mac? -> I think it's great. Better then the w7 version
    Les Armitage
    People make life changes because of inspiration or desperation - http://gardner-riley.com

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Quote Originally Posted by lesarmitage View Post
    Office 2011 on Mac? -> I think it's great. Better then the w7 version
    Office 2011 is a very nice improvement over 2008 but as far as it being better than the Windows version (Office 2010), that's subjective.

In my opinion, using both versions, Office 2010 is more polished and easier to setup and use. Mac Office is catching up though.

To the OP:

Office Docs are designed to open like that as most folks like to have room on their desktop for other things. I couldn't imagine using Word or PP full screen. If you like full screen, just click on the View menu and choose "full screen" each time you open the document. It's really not that inconvenient to do.

Quote Originally Posted by technologist View Post
    Why do you have to mixamize the document? That would be pretty inconvenient. After all, you just got this fancy new MacBook with a widescreen display, designed to display more than one document or application at a time, and now, for some inexplicable reason, you are being forced to "maximize" documents so that you can only see one thing at a time. That's horrible.

Might as well be stuck on Windows!

Is someone forcing you to do this? Are they threatening you? If so, consider calling the police.

No one should be forced to use their computer that way.
    Yes, I'm held at gunpoint as I do my daily work. The hazards of living in Johannesburg, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Office 2011 is a very nice improvement over 2008 but as far as it being better than the Windows version (Office 2010), that's subjective.

In my opinion, using both versions, Office 2010 is more polished and easier to setup and use. Mac Office is catching up though.

To the OP:

Office Docs are designed to open like that as most folks like to have room on their desktop for other things. I couldn't imagine using Word or PP full screen. If you like full screen, just click on the View menu and choose "full screen" each time you open the document. It's really not that inconvenient to do.
    I'm with you on Office 2010 PC v. 2011 Mac. I prefer the Windows version, although I'm still pretty new with Mac, so maybe it will grow on me.

I really do prefer working full screen. I'll Alt-Tab (or Cmd-tild) between documents when I need to switch. If I'm working on a 26" screen then I may consider opening things alongside one another, but a Macbook screen hardly has overwhelming real estate.

For anyone else who stumbles across this thread, RightZoom has all the answers.

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    That's a nice find. Thanks for posting the link.

Thread Information