New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Constant screen freeze w/ Flash Player on Firefox

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dilmaruon

dilmaruon is on a distinguished road

It appears that it only happens to Firefox Flash Player.

What happens is that even though the audio will play perfectly fine, the screen skips about 1.5s worth of frames constantly in random.

It doesn't happen in a specific time or rule, it happens randomly but it always happens when I try to watch any Youtube videos.

I tried reinstalling it and had no luck.
If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
dilmaruon

anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
dilmaruon

bump - help
QUOTE Thanks
dilmaruon

bump - help
QUOTE Thanks
dilmaruon

bump - help
QUOTE Thanks
adriangb

adriangb is on a distinguished road

Have you tried:
1. Another browser?
2. Putting Firefox thru AppCleaner (backing up the files that are moved into the trash) and then re-downloading Firefox, preferably some other version (if you use the release, try beta, if you use beta, try the release). Since your at it, try also try reinstalling Flash (I don't know how it works with FF, with Chrome for example, it's bundled into the browser, OS independent). Reboot.
3. Software Update
4. Try booting from another mac via firewire (to save yourself from reinstalling pointlessly). If Flash works, your going to have to reinstall OS X. If it doesn't, it's probably a hardware error. Try Apple Hardware Test, Memtest 86+...

Also, some hardware specs could help. If your talking about an iBook G3, I kind of doubt it will run 720p youtube smoothly, no matter what...
QUOTE Thanks
dilmaruon

Thank you so much for your reply.
I use MBP i7 15"
QUOTE Thanks
adriangb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilmaruon View Post
Thank you so much for your reply.
I use MBP i7 15"
Then it's more then powerful enough to power 1080p flash
Have you tried any of those items?
QUOTE Thanks
dilmaruon

1. When I first launch the application, it doesn't seem to do it on Safari. So I blamed Firefox and disabled every possible addons except for Flash Plugins. It still does this...
2. I've tried those. I re-installed Flash so many time, but this still hasn't resolved the issue.
3. My Mac along with any software responsible for browsing Flash on Firefox is all up to date.

4 & 5 are a little extreme solution and I plan to do this when I think there is no way I can fix this. I actually had Flash working fine before this. This is second time I've re-installed Mac OS X and it worked fine before this.
QUOTE Thanks
adriangb

Did you really try deleting all your FF prefs, and changing the version you are using? I don't know how flash installs on mac, or if FF uses these directories, but check /Library/Internet Plug-Ins.
Unless you wan't to do the whole reinstall thing, this is the best I can do for you.
QUOTE Thanks
EightmanVT

If you don't have the issue with Safari - why use Firefox? Chrome or Safari seem to be much better choices...just generally
QUOTE Thanks
dilmaruon

Safari is not better in any way than Firefox, at least for me. It lacks a lot of features especially with all the addons.
Chrome is nice, but I really need bookmark sidebar always sticking into the left as I'm constantly browsing between my favorites. Chrome doesn't have that.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 10 yrs since VLC hit our Macs !!!!! | Building a database »