Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   OS X - Apps and Games (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/)
-   -   Constant screen freeze w/ Flash Player on Firefox (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/227057-constant-screen-freeze-w-flash-player-firefox.html)

dilmaruon 01-21-2011 02:47 AM

Constant screen freeze w/ Flash Player on Firefox

It appears that it only happens to Firefox Flash Player.

What happens is that even though the audio will play perfectly fine, the screen skips about 1.5s worth of frames constantly in random.

It doesn't happen in a specific time or rule, it happens randomly but it always happens when I try to watch any Youtube videos.

I tried reinstalling it and had no luck.
If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dilmaruon 01-22-2011 01:10 AM

anyone?

dilmaruon 01-22-2011 02:29 PM

bump - help

dilmaruon 01-26-2011 02:42 PM

bump - help

dilmaruon 01-28-2011 03:35 PM

bump - help

adriangb 02-01-2011 04:19 PM

Have you tried:
1. Another browser?
2. Putting Firefox thru AppCleaner (backing up the files that are moved into the trash) and then re-downloading Firefox, preferably some other version (if you use the release, try beta, if you use beta, try the release). Since your at it, try also try reinstalling Flash (I don't know how it works with FF, with Chrome for example, it's bundled into the browser, OS independent). Reboot.
3. Software Update
4. Try booting from another mac via firewire (to save yourself from reinstalling pointlessly). If Flash works, your going to have to reinstall OS X. If it doesn't, it's probably a hardware error. Try Apple Hardware Test, Memtest 86+...

Also, some hardware specs could help. If your talking about an iBook G3, I kind of doubt it will run 720p youtube smoothly, no matter what...

dilmaruon 02-02-2011 08:46 PM

Thank you so much for your reply.
I use MBP i7 15"

adriangb 02-02-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilmaruon (Post 1179862)
Thank you so much for your reply.
I use MBP i7 15"

Then it's more then powerful enough to power 1080p flash :D
Have you tried any of those items?

dilmaruon 02-04-2011 06:24 PM

1. When I first launch the application, it doesn't seem to do it on Safari. So I blamed Firefox and disabled every possible addons except for Flash Plugins. It still does this...
2. I've tried those. I re-installed Flash so many time, but this still hasn't resolved the issue.
3. My Mac along with any software responsible for browsing Flash on Firefox is all up to date.

4 & 5 are a little extreme solution and I plan to do this when I think there is no way I can fix this. I actually had Flash working fine before this. This is second time I've re-installed Mac OS X and it worked fine before this.

adriangb 02-04-2011 06:35 PM

Did you really try deleting all your FF prefs, and changing the version you are using? I don't know how flash installs on mac, or if FF uses these directories, but check /Library/Internet Plug-Ins.
Unless you wan't to do the whole reinstall thing, this is the best I can do for you.

EightmanVT 02-05-2011 09:29 PM

If you don't have the issue with Safari - why use Firefox? Chrome or Safari seem to be much better choices...just generally

dilmaruon 02-12-2011 06:50 PM

Safari is not better in any way than Firefox, at least for me. It lacks a lot of features especially with all the addons.
Chrome is nice, but I really need bookmark sidebar always sticking into the left as I'm constantly browsing between my favorites. Chrome doesn't have that.