New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Need help fast - Home security software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

liveD83

liveD83 is on a distinguished road

Alright so I have an issue. I just moved in to this apartment 3 days ago and already I have had 2 complaints about the dogs barking.

(I have trouble believing this as I have lived in 2 apartments prior with no problem and I have been home for the passed 3 days except for 2 or 3 hours throughout the day)

What i want to do is monitor my apartment. Are there software out there that will start recording as soon as it hears sound or sees movement? That way I can know for sure if they are or aren't barking.

Thank you this would really help me out!!

Eric

Macbook 13" 2.4ghz, 4GB
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Why don't you just buy one of those fairly inexpensive digital voice actuated recorders? You can even adjust the sensitivity on some of them. A barking dog will definitely set it to start recording. Check in Office Depot, Staples, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
liveD83

Ah cool. Didn't know those start recording automatically I'll check that out thanks.

Macbook 13" 2.4ghz, 4GB
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

And if the dogs are barking, a citronella collar could be the answer. When the dog barks a small amount of citronella is sprayed which dogs do not like, discouraging the barking.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
liveD83

Harryb that's funny you mention that my gf just picked up those collars today hope it works.

Thanks for your help

Macbook 13" 2.4ghz, 4GB
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Well sounds like your gf and I are smart old codgers eh!

Have bred and shown Corgis for forty odd years and whilst the citronella treatment works, causes no distress to the dog. They just don't like the smell!

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrade of Office 2011 for Mac for Mac Pro purchasers prior to Nov 30 What Version? | Synchronize Sony Walkmans with the Mac! »