New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

web browser problems . .

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nurdaben

Nurdaben is on a distinguished road

My work has a website that has mouse over pull down menus (drag mouse over the title and down pops a list.)

Every web browser I have downloaded and tried has 1 of 2 problems;
1, the mouse over doesn't work (drag over and list doesn't pop down)
2, the mouse over works, the list comes down but clicking a sub link doesn't work.

web browsers I tried were: safari, opera, netscape, ie, firefox, camino, and google chrome. I think that was all of them. Even tried multiple versions of some of them.

Any advice? Is there a patch or add on to any of the browsers that might get it working?

Thank you in advance.
Justin
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

If this site is publicly accessible, do you have the URL so that we can try it ourself? Have you tried using the same version of a browser on your Mac that you use at work?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Nurdaben

No it is not a public site, name and password to get to the screen that is having problems.

The newest version of IE is what is usually used, opera also works. But those are both on pc platform.

Is there a real time recording program I could use to show what exactly it is doing?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Opera is cross platform and is supported equally across platforms (Windows, OS X, Linux and I believe FreeBSD). Have you tried using Opera on your Mac?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

It was probably designed by someone who has only ever heard of IE, which is why it doesn't work with other browsers.
QUOTE Thanks
Nurdaben

Ok I made a mistake. Opera almost works. I posted a quick vid, the mouse over works on opera and I can click on the sub links, but it doesn't work with firefox. The problem with opera is on one of the pull down menus later as shown in the video. I am starting to think mightygen is correct and it is programed for pc and its something mac cant figure out.
If anyone can think of anything to make opera work on the pull down menu, or know something that would let firefox work on the first pull down menus, any sugestions would be welcome.
Beginning to loose hope here hehe.
Thanks for the help.

YouTube - My First Project.m4v
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

The problem won't be OS specific unless the site was designed for IE in which case it will be OS specific (seeing as how Windows is the only supported platform for IE). If it works for you in a browser on Windows that is available for OS X, the odds of it working in that same browser are very good.

If you can contact the person who designed the page, ask them if it was tested with browsers other than IE. If it wasn't and is known to work with only IE, you may be out of luck. You would then have to look into using IE through CrossOver or running it through a Windows virtual machine (or Boot Camp).

Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Nurdaben

disclaimer i did not research this . . .

i semi know what crossover and a virtual machine is. Since this webpage is the only thing that it seems I need a PC OS for, is there an easy way to set it up where its just like starting an app. I don't want to do boot camp because I don't want to use windows.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

There's always CrossOver.

Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Nurdaben

Thanks for all the help. see what I can do.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Image Backups | PowerPoint 2011 for Mac Language problem »