New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iwork

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

srinishanth

srinishanth is on a distinguished road

hello everyone right there , im'n planning to own a new mac . Actually im'n a student and need to give presentations in my college . So what if there is no iwork software in any of those computers ? should i have to change it and do with a microsoft or will my project work in without any software installed. Only microsoft are available over there.And imn not at intrested in switching back to it , So help me guys.
QUOTE Thanks
Chef_eam

Chef_eam is a jewel in the roughChef_eam is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S

You can do your work in Keynote on your Mac, and then save a copy of it as a PowerPoint presentation. As long as you do not use any features that are only in Keynote, it should transfer over fine.
QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

MrMacMan56 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz 4GB 500GB HDD i3 Processor ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB / iPhone 3GS 8GB

Hi,

I have Microsoft Ofiice 2011 for mac! It is much more advanced than the windows version! I wouldn't bother with iWork get Office for mac! It is 110 for 3 users! on 3 different macs!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I wouldn't go so far as to say Office 2011 is more advanced than the Windows version. I have both Office 2011 and Office 2010. While 2011 is catching up, it's not there yet.

To the OP:

Do as Chef suggested. You can buy Keynote as a separate application from the Apple app store. ($19.99) The caveat is that you must be running Snow Leopard 10.6.6 to access the Apple app store.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Personally, I would again advocate for using Office for Mac. Being in a college environment myself, I often have group assignments where other group members use some power features of Office (such as marking changes and commenting in MS Word, complex formulae in Excel or sophisticated Powerpoint layouts).

These features will not work reliably in iWork - trust me, I've tried. Don't get into the compatibility hassle and get Office. It's a good suite, though maybe a bit more pricey than the iWork apps.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

When exporting from Keynote to Powerpoint, you will have to run it on a PC and check that all of your builds and transitions still work as you want them to. If you're going to be doing this alot, you'd be better off getting MS Office or look at NeoOffice or OpenOffice, both Mac equivalents and both free.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Imported Pages 09 to Word--footnotes | App to clone a disk to a network share? »