New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

What is ypur favourite new App you have got from the MAS ???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

So what have you found in the MAS that you now dont think you will do without ?
I have found Remote Mouse and im using it at the moment to post this thread.
Download the Remote Mouse server App for my MBP and pay a couple of bucks for the App for the iPod Touch and now i have a touch pad track pad i use to remotely control my Mac.
ATM its hooked up to my 46" and im just sitting back comfortably typing this . . .
Can see my using this quite a lot actually

Whats yours ??

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

As of now, I've only dl'd one app and that is Angry Birds. Sooo nice to have it on the larger screen as opposed to my iPad or iPhone. Love it!

TattooedMac: There is an iPhone/iPod Touch app called "Mobile Mouse Free" that does the same thing you mentioned and it's free in the iPhone app store. By R.P.A. Tech. I use it to control my Mac when it's hooked up to the TV for watching shows online. Touch pad and keyboard. Love it!

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Yea thanks for that ....... Ill download it and try it out since its free. But honestly, if it turns out to be better, im still stoked i only paid a couple $ for it. Where else could you go and buy a mouse (touchpad at that) and pay that little ?? Thats the way i look at it But it is a tiny tiny little buggy in relation to the sensitivity on the touch screen ...
Will get back with the other one ...

Mods please move to OS X Applications and Games

Cheers

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Armageddon

Armageddon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7 - 2.66 GHz - 8GBS RAM - 500GB Hard Drive @ 7200 RPMs -

I like the game "The incident"
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Evernote, Great for storing all the snippets of text in the internet that could be useful one day.

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Chopper 2.app! The only problem with the game is the idiot behind the stick who thinks he's a pilot and keeps running into birds and crashing. Lots of fun though and certainly worth the .99 cents I paid.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Chopper 2.app! The only problem with the game is the idiot behind the stick who thinks he's a pilot and keeps running into birds and crashing. Lots of fun though and certainly worth the .99 cents I paid.
Yep this is up there too.Nothing like sitting back playing on my 46". Trouble is getting it off my son......

QUOTE Thanks
roflitskyle

roflitskyle has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Yep this is up there too.Nothing like sitting back playing on my 46". Trouble is getting it off my son......
Glad to hear your son is playing with you
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Alfred - a great replacement for Quicksilver

and

Pomodoro - a great little time management tool.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
DenAtTheDBM

DenAtTheDBM will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black 13.3" MacBook 4,1 Intel Core2 Duo, 4Gigs Ram (2x2G), 2.4GHz, OS X 10.7.2

Alfred, Aperture 3, and Sketchbook Pro.

I was using Gnome Shell on an Ubuntu system for a while and really liked having the ability to start applications by typing a few letters of the name, and the Overview mode is like pressing F8 on a Mac (shows all your desktops / spaces). Well, those are the main things I liked about GS.
Now Alfred gives me the same functionality on my MacBook.

Aperture is great for processing RAW files and editing images. I'm sure there are other great solutions for digital photography but with Aperture 3 priced at $79, it's a pretty good deal. And Sketchbook Pro at $29 for a limited time is a good deal too although I'm used to pencil and paper sketching so it's going to take some getting used to.
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
Evernote, Great for storing all the snippets of text in the internet that could be useful one day.
+1 for Evernote ..... great app.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
skywalkrncsu

skywalkrncsu is on a distinguished road

Braid is an incredible game. So glad I got it, and only $5 (think it is a promotion right now)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone/itunes on new mac | Netflix Instant Viewing problem -- intermittent thin, black bars along bottom »