New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iPhoto + size of pictures

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jdm

jdm is on a distinguished road

I just got a new macbook pro and I'm trading in my old mbp, but I only used the iLife 08 version so I'm getting use to all of the new features of the new version, but I was wondering how can I enlarge images in iPhoto when I'm viewing them as a single image.

Thanks for the help.

jdm
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

There should be a zoom slider near the bottom of the screen.
QUOTE Thanks
jdm

Thank you, but I'm talking about when you pick one picture out of all of the pictures and hit the space bar or double click it.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Quote:
double click it.
And it opens it the Edit window? There should still be a zoom slider if you've got iPhoto set to Edit in the Main Window. If it's set to edit in a seperate window, there is a Size button at the bottom.
QUOTE Thanks
jdm

I'm not talking about the edit window, which does have the zoom function. I'm talking about when you open an event and see all of the pictures then you double click one picture to view it by itself and you can scroll through with the arrow keys to see the other pictures.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

Sorry. Not tried that, and I'm not at my Mac at the moment.
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.10

If you are using iPhoto 9, in the bottom left hand corner there is the opportunity to go full screen, ..
As far as I know, that is all there is.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

Ok, in iPhoto9(mine is v8.1) in an Events window, if you highlight a picture and hit the spacebar, it expands out. The zoom slider is there(bottom right), but greyed out. There is an Edit button(bottom left), click that and you enter the Edit window, and the zoom slider is there.

Instead of using the Spacebar, you can double click your picture and it goes straight to the edit window, with the zoom slider.

If you select the picture you want, from the iPhoto View menu, choose Full Screen, move the mouse to the bottom of the screen, the zoom slider is there.

Quote:
I'm talking about when you open an event and see all of the pictures then you double click one picture to view it by itself and you can scroll through with the arrow keys to see the other pictures.
That's the Edit window, you don't get that if you use the Spacebar option.

Of course if you're using iPhoto 11(it always helps to say which version you have), it could well be different.
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyinscotland

jonnyinscotland is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGem View Post
Ok, in iPhoto9(mine is v8.1) in an Events window, if you highlight a picture and hit the spacebar, it expands out. The zoom slider is there(bottom right), but greyed out. There is an Edit button(bottom left), click that and you enter the Edit window, and the zoom slider is there.

Instead of using the Spacebar, you can double click your picture and it goes straight to the edit window, with the zoom slider.

If you select the picture you want, from the iPhoto View menu, choose Full Screen, move the mouse to the bottom of the screen, the zoom slider is there.

That's the Edit window, you don't get that if you use the Spacebar option.

Of course if you're using iPhoto 11(it always helps to say which version you have), it could well be different.
OP says he has just got a new MBP and has the new version of iPhoto so I am assuming it is iPhoto '11. I think I know what you (OP) are talking about.

Comparing iPhoto '11 to MightyGem's suggestions: The zoom slider is there if you press the edit button. Double clicking doesn't go straight to edit window (for me at least) in iPhoto '11, it has the same action as using the space bar. Going into full screen mode puts the whole app into full screen and not just the picture and there is no slider for zooming in. So basically you can't zoom unless you enter the edit mode.

This has been a rather annoying problem for me a few times.. can see no reason why there is no zoom slider unless you go into edit mode.
QUOTE Thanks
jdm

Sorry about that, I thought I did tell you what version I'm using. I'm using iphoto '11 version 9.1.1. Also I try double clicking the photo and it does the same thing as the spacebar.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

Quote:
I'm using iphoto '11 version 9.1.1.
That'll be why my advice doesn't work. Sorry.
QUOTE Thanks
jdm

Thanks for trying to help.
jdm
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyinscotland

jonnyinscotland is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm View Post
Thanks for trying to help.
jdm
Just wanted to check you saw my response?
QUOTE Thanks
jdm

Sorry, I missed your message. Thanks for pointing it out and answering my question.
jdm
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iDVD problems on playback | mac app store and the iphone/ipad app store »