Specs:
    Macbook White Unibody 2,4Ghz
    Angry iCal - To do Recurrence: is it possible?
    I'm trying to use the tasks part of iCal, To Do, instead of using the Outlook one (i'm coming from an Windows Desktop, that i used with Outlook for a long time) and had some problem. One of the MOST dumb one that i would prefer to think that i'm just not found this yet is this: the recurrence.

How can i create a To do item and then make it occur again in, for example, next month? Or every month?
    - HD WD 500gb
    - 4Gb RAM - Kingston
    - Magic Mouse (Genius!)

You have to Edit the task, under repeat you'll find different options for repeating.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    You can also once set up click the task and copy it (right click) and then go to what ever date you want and paste it in . . . . Should work OK if its for certain days and not like a month or week at a time

Cheers
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by yemilipede View Post
    You have to Edit the task, under repeat you'll find different options for repeating.
    Sorry, but where is this option? On the "edition mode" of To do Items, i don't have anything about repeat, only on appointment.

You can also once set up click the task and copy it (right click) and then go to what ever date you want and paste it in . . . . Should work OK if its for certain days and not like a month or week at a time

Cheers
    Yeah, but it's the same thing that i create every task i need. For that i don't need the tasks if i need to remember to create all the task-group. In that case i try not forget to duplicate the task as soon as i complete it. It's not practical, but works. But, as i say, the Tasks from Outlook, for example, are a lot better than this one. Even the Google Tasks, on site, is better than this one of Mac. But i'll be ok with that if just have the recurrence "technology".
    - HD WD 500gb
    - 4Gb RAM - Kingston
    - Magic Mouse (Genius!)

Specs:
    Well, i found a solution. Not in iCal, but using a third-part program: Things. Until now i'm very satisfied about it. It's not cheap, at least i don't think so, but is really simple, practical, etc.
    - HD WD 500gb
    - 4Gb RAM - Kingston
    - Magic Mouse (Genius!)

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by hknoener View Post
    Well, i found a solution. Not in iCal, but using a third-part program: Things. Until now i'm very satisfied about it. It's not cheap, at least i don't think so, but is really simple, practical, etc.
    Care to share ??
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Quote Originally Posted by hknoener View Post
    But iCal will do what you want, and you already have it. Maybe somebody will post an image from iCal for you... hint, hint (I don't do images)

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Care to share ??
    Couse, it's here: Things - task management on the Mac

toMACsh, honestly? In To Do part of iCal? I'm not talking about the appointments. I'll love to see where you found it.
    - HD WD 500gb
    - 4Gb RAM - Kingston
    - Magic Mouse (Genius!)

Specs:
    No, not in To Do, in Calendars. Why must it be in the To Do list?

Specs:
    Simple: because i want to repeat Tasks, not appointments! Tasks and Appointments, at least to me, is very differente, that's why i can't create an appointment instead of a to do/task item.
    - HD WD 500gb
    - 4Gb RAM - Kingston
    - Magic Mouse (Genius!)

Specs:
    An iCal calendar can do tasks and appointments. You can create calendars. Name one Tasks and one Appointments. I have Payment, ALert/Urgent, B'day/Annniv., To Do, and Trivia calendars. Each is a different color on the calendar. Don't get hung up on that and let it stop you from using iCal to do exactly what you want it to do, just in a different "area" than you envisioned.

I don't understand the last part of your post. You can't create an appointment?

Does the "snooze" feature help you? I'm not sure how long you can make it "sleep", or whether that would be saved through a Restart. That won't get you a "repeat every month" of course. You'd have to "reset" it every time.

Specs:
    toMACsh, i now understand what you're talking about. And, yeah, thanks for the help, it could be useful. But the problem is that is not the same as a task/to do. I could, of course, figure something out, to help it, but it's more easily, for example, use the To Do and make a copy every month/week/year/etc than use the appointments for somethings.

For example: in appointments, you can't see what you've already done and what you still need to do. Yeah, of course, can arrange for it, but it's an arrangement.

I sync my calendars with Google. The only reason i don't care that much using another program is that google still don't have sync for tasks. So, if i use iCal or another program for it will be the same. When google do the sync for tasks to, and create a decent way for doing tasks as well, i'll, for sure, make the sync. But, for now, if i return to iCal i'll use the To Do list the same way i was doing the last days, before Things came up.
    - HD WD 500gb
    - 4Gb RAM - Kingston
    - Magic Mouse (Genius!)

Thread Information