01-02-2011, 11:36 AM #1Unable to Download Streaming Video on Mac Air
Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!
I've been trying to figure out how to recording streaming video from
My TV >> CNBC-TV18 LIVE streaming >> TV on Demand
since a family friend was in a contest that has been broadcast on this station.
Below are the steps taken
1. Download Firefox browser
2. Install Video DownloadHelper at
3. At 7:30 AM go to My TV >> CNBC-TV18 LIVE streaming >> TV on Demand
4. Start recording the video by saving it to Desktop. However, the Downloads pop-up only says "Starting"
5. At 8:00 AM when the program is finished, shut down the Firefox browser. Now the Download says it will take 9 hours to download something that is 1 GB (around 20 KB per second). However my usual download speed 7 MB per second.
6. While in the middle of download I am able to open the .flv file using VLC media player (VideoLAN - VLC media player for Mac OS X)
7. When I open the .flv file, it shows broadcast from 8:02 AM, rather than 7:30 AM
What am I doing wrong? I have been attempting to download the streaming media of this show yesterday morning, and today morning. I only have two more chances left, as the show will repeat again next Saturday and Sunday.
Will appreciate any guidance.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By oxband in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 11-23-2011, 07:17 PM
By SimplyFood in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 7Last Post: 09-15-2011, 05:46 AM
By stephenspeidel in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 1Last Post: 10-05-2010, 02:27 PM
By mark.spiro in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 3Last Post: 04-10-2007, 04:28 PM
By bensonhurst in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2007, 12:50 PM