New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes track names in file name (no tags)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mikey7b

mikey7b is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66GHz i7 | 4GB | 500GB

Just a little thing which is bugging me about importing into iTunes!

I have a compilation album on my computer which has tracks, song names and artists (01 song name - artist.mp3) in the file names, but no ID3 tags. When I import the songs into iTunes, iTunes copies the files to the iTunes library, but it renames all the files to track 01, track 02 etc. And the files appear with these new names in my iTunes library. Does anyone know of a way to keep the file names and have them appear in the song name field in iTunes rather than renaming to track numbers and having that appear? Using iTunes 10.1.1.

Had a search here and google, and there seems to lots of info and programs to write tag info to file names but not the other way around!

Any help much appreciated, and hope everyone's having a good 2011 so far!!

Mike
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A very odd Mail issue...... | How do I set up Mail to sync with my Hotmail account? »