New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

OSX 10.6.5 problems with Mail.app & Skype

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Beliblis

Beliblis is on a distinguished road

I've just upgraded from 10.4.11 to 10.6.3 (which I bought today from the Apple Store), then an online update to 10.6.5.
Software update doesn't find any more new updates, so the computer is as up-to-date as possible.

Since the online update to 10.6.5, I can't launch Mail anymore ("you can't use this version of Mail with this version of Mac OS X"). Mail is version 4.2 (1078/1082), OS is 10.6.5 (Build 10H574)

Also, Skype launches but doesn't connect to the web. (I've reinstalled the latest version of Skype)

All other internet services (Safari,... updating anti-virus software,...) works alright it seems. Just Mail & Skype are completely buggered.

Anyone got a solution / experienced the same problem?
QUOTE Thanks
Beliblis

I just tried reinstalling Mail from the 10.6.3 installation DVD via Pacifist. Same problem – Mail just won't launch.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Beliblis

OK. Got mail working again after downloading the dmg file for 10.6.5 & reinstalling the system update a second time. Current Mail version on 10.6.5 is 4.4

Skype is down apparently: Skype Goes Down. Millions Impacted. Skype responds: Tech News
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Self extracting archive | Conversion software »