New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Using automator over LAN to a PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mediocre_Spork

Mediocre_Spork is on a distinguished road

Okay, I'm not saying I have done this yet, but would treasure some advice on the possibility of this. What I have going on my macbook so far is that when I run the Automator custom application "launch server", it "cd's" to my Minecraft server.jar file in Terminal and enters some line of symbols that launches it. So far so good.

So it turns out that if I try to run this server for Minecraft and join in (launch the game Minecraft as well), it's too much for my poor old Macbook to handle. So I find my old pc that still has 2gb of RAM on it and think to myself, why don't I run the server off this?

So I'm about to get that old brick up and running, install xp etc, when I realised, wouldn't it be cool if, somehow, I could turn on the server from my macbook? that way i could start the server 1 click from automator from the dock, rather than go to the desktop, turn on the monitor, find server file, launch it etc.

Yes, sounds lazy, but I'd think it'd be pretty awesome if this is possible. So forum, my question is, IS THIS POSSIBLE!?
QUOTE Thanks
Mediocre_Spork

Mediocre_Spork is on a distinguished road

......zzz...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Allocate Memory? | iTunes Library Restore Help (Semi-Urgent) »