New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mac games that are playable with PC players?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

J-Money

I'm planning to buy an iBook REALLY soon (only waiting to get a response for a student line-of-credit, then I order it ). This will be the first mac I own, and the only mac in the household. I'm buying it mostly for school, but it will also replace this old P3 733mhz computer, so I also plan to install a few games on it.

My two brothers have PCs, and they play quite a few games. I only play multiplayer games, and usually those my brothers play, because it's so much funner when you play with people you know. I thought of playing WoW, when either one of brothers isn't playing (yet each have an account), and also Rainbow Six. But I just googled rainbow six: raven shield, and it's only compatible with other mac users.

Do you guys have any other suggestions on games that I could play with my brothers (PC users)? Mostly interested in FPS games, but any multiplayer game is good.
QUOTE Thanks
GT5.0

GT5.0 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Ti PB G4 867MHz 1GB RAM 10.4.6

I play Medal of Honor and Call of Duty with my roommate on the LAN.

He has a Pentium 4 3.0GHz 4GB Ram 9800XT Pro, Audigy, and on and on.

Sure is fun, and we keep tabs for who has to buy who Whataburger.

Selling (2) 256MB SDRAM PC133,144pin Original Samsung Memory for Powerbook G4,
Modules used since purchase on 7/27/02 until I removed them on 11/13/03, PM me for details.
QUOTE Thanks
Gert Frobe

Gert Frobe is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook, 1.67GHz, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, 128MB Video. 20GB iPod. 512MB iPod Shuffle. 80GB ipod

I just play singleplayer Call of Duty, Ages of Empires 2, and Doom3. The problem with Mac gaming is the games are all older pc games with a higher price. I feel too nerdy LANing with people, I just play by myself, sometimes against downloaded bots
Gert
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

StarCraft....its an oldy but a goody

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
J-Money

I think I'll try Medal of Honor, and Call of duty...

Maybe Starcraft on those rainy days, but I need a game that I can just jump into, and stop playing when I need to (school breaks :p)

Thanks or the suggestions guys.
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Unreal Tournament 2004 will play between PC and Mac.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
J-Money

"Minimum System Requirements: Macintosh 933MHz/G4-G5 or faster processor, Mac OS X v10.2.8 or higher, 256MB RAM, 32MB AGP Video Card, DVD Drive, 6GB hard disk space. Internet or LAN connection required for online play."

I guess that would run fine on a new iBook?
QUOTE Thanks
MadSkillzMan

MadSkillzMan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual G5 powermac

quake 3 and enemy territory (Free so it automatically rules)

new vid 8/8/05
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

World of Warcraft
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sound doesn't work everywhere. | resizing animated gifs »