New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MS Office - Lost notificaion sounds in Entourage

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

blade8

Hello Fellow Mac Owners!

I have lost my sound notification, once again, in Entourage. I have had this problem before and did some fiddling around and fixed it. Now, I can't get it to work at all. I've done the following:
Repaired Permissions
Reinstalled the software (MS Office 2004 for Mac)
Rebuilt the Entourage database
Ran MacJanitor
Ran Preferences Treatment (looking for corrupt files)
I don't know what else to do. I've been in contact with micoscrewed and they haven't responded with any other solutions since Monday!
I'm relatively new to the mac world and love it. But, this problem is driving me crazy. Oh, I'm using Tiger with the latest updates and my sounds work in other programs including mail..lol!
The program was working for many days after any updates and, I've not installed any new programs before it died on me. :confused:
Thanks for any advice you can give.

Regards,
blade8
QUOTE Thanks
blade8

OK, this is weird. I woke up the other morning and launched the program and, would you believe my sounds worked? I did nothing to get them back; they just started happening again. I guess everyone should take note: if you install MS Office 2004, you may experience this bizarre behavior. I'm once again a happy camper!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help need for Video Conferenceing | Quark InDesign Adobe »