New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Little question about Preview

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Xtrician

Xtrician is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody i a new mac user. I have MacBook Pro and the switch to it after 15 years in windows is not easy but is getting better and better fast.

My question is very simple, how i can switch between images via preview without select them all and open them. I mean i want to open only one picture and then browse it normally (like any other software's) , but i didn't found it in Preview preferences.

Thanks all and have a nice day.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Hi and welcome to the forum Xtrician ...

Ill take a stab at what you want. When your in the folder with the pictures you want you can select the one and open it in preview or you can cmd~A and it will select ALL pictures then right click and *open with* preview. Once they are all in preview you can use the ARROW key down bottom right of keyboard and scroll through them all to the one you want ?? Is this what your looking for ?? Not sure where preferences comes into it ??

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Lycoming

Lycoming will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook

Thanks T-Mac, that answers a query I was working on.
QUOTE Thanks
Xtrician

Hi TMac, thank you for replay to my question.
When i select one i want to browse the pictures. Without select them all with cmd + c, only to open one picture and then browsing all other.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrician View Post
Hi TMac, thank you for replay to my question.
When i select one i want to browse the pictures. Without select them all with cmd + c, only to open one picture and then browsing all other.
First, I must ask Do you absolutely HAVE to open it with Preview?

If not, you can go into Finder and click once on the image just to select/highlight it. Then press the Spacebar to bring up a quick view. This allows for printing and saving to other locations, but not editing of the photo. You can expand it to full-screen with the "arrows" button at the bottom of the image. So, once you have that quick view pulled up you can then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move to the next file or the previous file.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Xtrician

it doesn't work.
I try it with full screen and i cant browse with my trackpad or by keboard buttons.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

If you pick the "page flow mode" in Finder (think that is what it is called--don't have my Mac with me to check) you can browse through your pictures using the down and up arrows on your keyboard.

If you just want to find a particular picture in a folder you can select icon view and using the slider adjust the size of the icons to suit you.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Xtrician

You mean cover flow?
If yes is not what i mean. I mean i want to open a file like you open it in XnView or IrfanView or the Windows Preview and everything else program and then if you press right or left in your keyboard or by your trackpad is browsing your pictures in the folder. The very very simple "feature".
Is working only if you select them all and them open them, but i think is not to be like that.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

You can do that in iPhoto. Full screen and everything...

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I deleted my stickies accidentally?! | video wont play »