New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Trash problems!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dazabon

dazabon is on a distinguished road

I've had my MBP for only two days and already it's giving problems?? I tried to delete some items off the desktop but they just stay in the "Trash" wndow where it says "preparig to move to trash"! I left them there for a while but they were still there when i got back. So i hit "stop" and for the last few hours it's been saying "stopping" under the progress bar. I tried to download "force empty trash" but when i try to open it i just get the loading circle and it never opens.

Any help would be muchly apreciated, thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
dazabon

bump!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Re-start the computer.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
dazabon

i tried that but it won't let you do that until it's finished putting the items into the trash?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Sorry, but if it still hasn't finished, think this is one of those occasions, if it were my machine, I'd take the chance and hold the power button until it turns off.

I'd also boot afterwards with the OS X disc, head for the Utilities menu and run a Repair drive from Disk Utilities.

This typically only happens when you attempt to delete some apps that are still running. Always quit any app you've downloaded for testing prior to moving it to the trash.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Outlook 2010 - Help | Connecting Non-Network and Networkable Printer »