New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Outlook for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

andypeay

andypeay is on a distinguished road

I just switched to Mac after 25 years as a PC user. I have a few questions I can not seem to find an answer to online so I am at your mercy.

On a PC I could drag an email to my contacts and it would create a new contact for me. This does not work on the Outlook for Mac. Suggestions?

On Outlook for the PC i could set up a spell check preference that would automatically launch spell check before sending an email so i would never send out emails with typos. Can not find that on the Mac?

Are my Outlook Contacts somehow synched with the Mac address book? Where is Outlook drawing from when I sart to type and email, Ouytlook contact or the address book for Mac? Do i need to somehow duplicate contacts? I could not drag and drop to the Mac address book. How do I get contacts in there? etc.

I really appreciate the advice as this switch was long time coming and has been a little frustrating (do not get me started on Quickbooks for Mac. Lame, how Intuit even puts out such a poor program is beyond me.)

Thank you,
Andy
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

You're posting this in the wrong forum as it really should be in Applications.

Let me move it there for you......

However, let me preface this by saying that Outlook 2011 for the Mac is a new application (version 1.0) and as such has its quirks and some bugs. You can't equate it to the Outlook you were using in Windows.

Having said that, with all your questions, let me direct you to the best place to get answers: MS Outlook for Mac forum
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 3D maping | many cam stays on google chrome after being deleted »