New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Photoshop woes after 10.6.5 update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pcampagna

pcampagna is on a distinguished road

So i've posted on both apple's and adobe's forum for help, but no suggestions worked.

Issue: - Photoshop is taking up huge amounts of CPU (over 100%) working on little file.
-Changes are not showing up in the window, but I can see the thumbnails changing.
-If i zoom in and out 5 or six times, the changes show up in the main window, (but I can't work like that)
-It started happening after the 10.6.5 update.

Things i've done (that I can remember)
-reinstalled combo update (twice)
-Cleared font cache (multiple times)
-reset photoshop (multiple times)
-ran disk utility, Onyx, hardware thing on disk etc. (pretty much every kind of normal trouble shooting tool I know about) -I've been working on macs since 1994...
-I made sure there were no duplicate fonts with Font book. and manually deleted fonts I did not use or thought might be causing issues.
-I had no plug-ins in photoshop at all
-no waccom tablet or similar. Only use magic mouse.

My machine is a unibody late 2008 macbook with 6gb ram and a 3.06 processor. So memory or processor speed should not be an issue.

so i'm open to all suggestions. Only photoshop is messed up as far as I can tell and it started happening since the 10.6.5 update.

Thanks.

paul
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Have you tried dropping back to 10.6.4?
There was an update pushed recently of PS5 - what version of PS are you using?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Changing dates in iCal | how to force fullscreen on a windowed app? »