New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Something about "Mail" that buggs me...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Abdiel

Abdiel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 12" PowerBook 1.5ghz

This may be stupid but one thing that bugs me about Mail is what happens when I delete a message.

I like to list my inbox with the newest mail at the top. I prefer to read my newest message and then either go to the next one or delete it if I don't need it anymore. However....say I keep the first message in the list and go to the second. If I delete the second message then the selected message defaults up the list instead of down so I have to physically select the next message every time in order to keep from trashing a message that I want to keep.

I don't know...maybe I can try to get used to viewing my mail with the oldest at the top....it just seems to me that every other mail client I've used before does it the "right" way around.

Any fix for this without changing mail clients?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Do it the way that I do.. sort from newest to oldest like you want to, then when checking your email.. go to the bottom of the new email.. so the oldest of the "new" email and then read your mail that way.. that actually is the only logical way of doing it since you do not want to read your newest "new" mail first since you could have several emails from the same person and you would be reading them out of order.
QUOTE Thanks
Gert Frobe

Gert Frobe is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook, 1.67GHz, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, 128MB Video. 20GB iPod. 512MB iPod Shuffle. 80GB ipod

acutally, here is the best idea: don't use imail. i was overly excited to set up my g-mail account on my mac, but found myself disappointed upon discovering its inferiority to g-mail's interface. screw imail, go with g-mail. anyone that wants an invite can hit me up.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Its just 'mail' or 'mail.app' not imail... just to clear things up

I personally dont really like Gmail's interface much, plus mail lets me manage multiple accounts and I can compose messages offline too!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Game online with your PSP | Quicktime Forgets My Prefrences »