New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Adobe CS5 MacBook Pro Running slower

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ChristinaB007

ChristinaB007 is on a distinguished road

So i just installed Adobe CS5 standard edition, so it was only InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, as well a Bridge, on my MacBook Pro. It is not an super old Mac I got it in July of 2009. I don't have any other extensive application installed except for Microsoft Office 2008. It's safe to say my mac is pretty clean for the most part, not much on it. I am running on 2GB Ram and have storage availability for 30.79GB, so its not super full either. Anyway, I just installed the CS5 and EVERYTHING has slowed down immensely. Which I knew would happen a little with any new software taking up more space and using more of the memory. But whats the worse is the CS5 programs are running extremely slow. I was using the animation panel in Photoshop and it was very glitchy and would not play at the speed I had the frames set to, it was stopping more than it should. Anyway, i hope I've given enough background to the issue, I just want to know if there is anything I need to get or do differently to help make everything keep running just as smoothly. Thank you for any help!
QUOTE Thanks
arkinsphoto

arkinsphoto is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 3.06GHz 10.6.5 8GB (1067) 500GB HDD MBP 13" 2.66GHz 8GB (1067) 500gb HDD

30GB of available storage is not very much to have left on your machine. What's the overall storage capacity of the Hard Drive? CS5 photoshop for example is designated 70% of available memory in order to run. Thats approx 1.4gb of your available 2gb. I would suggest transfering all your folders, etc onto an external portable HDD and leave your internal HDD just for applications and native OsX storage. If you can upgrade to 4gb of ram, even better, as this will speed up your machine alot when using any of the CS5 programs.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What workflow software should I get? | How can I get this game to work? »