New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Beatles available on iTunes, so why can't i get album art?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

willmeahl4

willmeahl4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.

I am the proud owner of The Beatles Mono box set that has been uploaded to my iTunes, however now that their music is finally available from the iTunes store I am still unable to get the album artwork I have been so desperately wanting. Any other Beatles fans still lacking the covers, or have you had better luck that I have?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Where have you looked? There are loads of sites that you can download covers from.

Here's just one, I even searched the covers for you.

the beatles CD and DVD Covers | AllCDCovers | Page 1

Also try www.freecovers.net

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Where have you looked? There are loads of sites that you can download covers from.

Here's just one, I even searched the covers for you.
Can see what your saying Kev, but shouldnt the OP be getting them from iTunes when they dl a album. I have with the music i have purchased from there without sourcing it from elsewhere ?? Just saying

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Can see what your saying Kev, but shouldnt the OP be getting them from iTunes when they dl a album. I have with the music i have purchased from there without sourcing it from elsewhere ?? Just saying
I would think so anyway. Unless since they just added the Beatles maybe all the art is not there as yet. Just a guess.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
I would think so anyway. Unless since they just added the Beatles maybe all the art is not there as yet. Just a guess.
Do you really think Steve would have gone into this half hearted, and considering this was one Not to forget ??
Cant find anyone else having Beatles Artwork problems ....

@OP have you gone to the *Advance* tab then Get album Artwork ?? I really cant see that Steve would have left the Artwork out after the time it has taken to finally get them on there ...

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The issue is that the op has the physical box set - not purchased from iTunes. It very well could be something in the agreement to get the music, that iTunes is not allowed to provide the artwork unless purchased from there.

The links Kev provided should do the trick and if not, I get a lot of mine via drag and drop from Amazon. Almost positive that's where I got the cover art for the White album.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
The issue is that the op has the physical box set - not purchased from iTunes. It very well could be something in the agreement to get the music, that iTunes is not allowed to provide the artwork unless purchased from there.

The links Kev provided should do the trick and if not, I get a lot of mine via drag and drop from Amazon. Almost positive that's where I got the cover art for the White album.

Ahh now i understand ... That box set isnt on iTunes at all then ?? now i can see why

EDIT : BTW the 1st link Kev supplied i get a *Safari cannot connect to the server* error

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Yeah, they've got the complete works box set there. It is also possible that they just haven't gotten around to linking the artwork to make it available to those with the physical media yet.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Yeah, they've got the complete works box set there. It is also possible that they just haven't gotten around to linking the artwork to make it available to those with the physical media yet.
That is what I was thinking and saying BTW. There have been a very few times when I downloaded (From iTunes) a new song by a just added group where the cover art did not show even clicking download cover art.

Plus he has the boxed set not from Apple. Time will tell I guess.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

No, I don't think (as in, this is my OPINION) that the problem is that iTunes isn't allowing the album art. That would be a huge change in policy and someone would have reported on it by now.

I think the problem is that wilmealh4 owns the MONO box set, which is a different beast than the STEREO box set, and as far as I can see, Apple doesn't sell the mono releases, so it doesn't "know" the version he has.

Computers can be stupid sometimes.
QUOTE Thanks
willmeahl4

Mac Specs: iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.

ok i figured the problem and how to change it, but i need a little help...
if i go to Music>iTunes>iTunes Music>The Beatles the albums are all named "album name [2009 mono remaster]", if I change the album folder names i'll be able to get the artwork but I cannot figure out how to change this.
For example if I change "Help! [2009 mono remaster]" to simply "Help!" i should be good to go. Yall know how to do this?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

You should be able to change all the tag info required for the album art in iTunes. Selects the song and go to Get Info. You don't have to do this song by song - you can select all the songs in an album and change it that way.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
willmeahl4

Works like a charm. Nice to have this resolved. Thanks vansmith.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« networked games | Acquisition and other P2P programs won't connect »