New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iPhoto blurry?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dstyrk

Normally when you click on a photo to view, from organize to edit the is a slight pause as the photo adjusts size and then it looks like a picture.. Well IT'S NOT DOING IT!!!

What's going on here? It's pretty random too.. 1 out of 10 times I open iPhoto it works as it should for a minute or two.. Then back to problems.

What gives?
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

iPhoto generally doesn't show photos as sharp as they are, you usually have to view the image at 100% to see it as it is.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

If you are seeing erratic behavior with an app, then your best bet is to do a Permissions Repair first.
You can find this in : Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility

Just choose your HD from the side menu in Disk Utility and select "Repair Permissions"

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
dstyrk

Yeah I tried that.
QUOTE Thanks
dstyrk

ba ba bump...

Still doing it.. Even after I've repaired permissions, logged out, restarted and everything else I can think of..

So..... Anyone else have any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

You may try trashing preferences for iPhoto - were these images Photoshop'd at all? One article I saw said that might cause conflicts. The prefs are the only option I can see, unless you can reinstall iPhoto off of the restore CD
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

So it just stops showing images or what?
QUOTE Thanks
JuneSometime

I have the same problem for such a long time, I tried it all, repai permissions and so on ... didn´t work, I do not care about that anymore
QUOTE Thanks
dstyrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel
So it just stops showing images or what?
No the image is there, but iPhoto stops short of bringing it into focus. All my photos look like they were taken on a camera phone and blown up 100X..
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

Yeah, its not a problem with your iPhoto, its a general iPhoto problem, it doesn't happen to all photos (I find that it happens most after I edit photos).

For example, this is a photograph of a Dragonfly I shot in Greece. It has been processed and cropped in Photoshop CS and after Importing it into iPhoto, I opened it in a new window, maximized the window and set the photo to "fit to window." Notice how it looks very soft. If this is what the photo turned out like, I would be very disappointed.

This is the exact same window, the only difference is that I have set the Image size to 100%. Notice how much sharper it looks, this is how the image should look.

I've read about this problem at a few different websites. Its not a huge problem, but for photographers its a real pain in the backside, especially when we have hundreds of images to review as quick as possible and having to fiddle with settings just to see if the image came out sharp is a real turn off. The only thing I use iPhoto for is to store all of my images post-processing, this gives me a great app to view all of my 'keepers.'
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail Problems | Advanced Cookie Handling? »