New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes won't open OSX

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

emmanevada

emmanevada is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MAC OS 10.4.11, dual 2.7 POWER PC G5, 6GB DDR SDRAM

iTunes won't open. an "unkown error occured (13014)". also, can't find the music library at User/Music/iTunes. But, if i go in as a different User, no problems. iTunes opens, and is fully functional, iTunes music folder intact. HELP!
QUOTE Thanks
2hege

2hege is on a distinguished road

have you got the old itunes?
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Have you tried restarting the computer and trying again?

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
emmanevada

have iTunes 9.1.1 but it works perfetly well if i log in as a different user. In my user, the Music library "iTunes music folder" is empty...and there is no folder icon in front of the word "iTunes"
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

BTW: You have 2 threads running with the same main topic (iTunes error 13014) and you have PMed me with the same problem.
Your best bet for a solution is to stick to one thread only and not start multiple threads that only confuse forum readers.

One possible solution for this problem (error 13014) is deleting the "iTunes Library Genius.itdb" in the iTunes folder.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread....readID=1702943

But since your whole iTunes folder is empty it appears your music is gone. To find out if your music is really gone, select the iTunes folder and press "command+i" on your keyboard. If the music is still on there it should have a size of about 10MB to +10GB.
If it is about 75KB (the size of an empty library) your music is gone unless you have got a backup.

QUOTE Thanks
emmanevada

selected iTunes folder as suggested and hit "command+i" (Get Info)...zero kb! music and library are gone! where and more importantly, why, did they go? must have been the Bob Dylan CD i was trying to play :-)

Not sure what to do nest. If i log out, then log in as a different "user" everything is intact and functions normally. what does that mean? can i recreate the link to the iTunes app in my user?
QUOTE Thanks
emmanevada

i opened in "another user", copied the "iTunes/Music" files, then log back into "my user" and pasted them where they should be....iTunes opened acting like it was the first time it ever opened, and started importing music from...i don't know where, and movies also....foolishly, i stopped the import (because i have lots of movies and didn't want to "clog" it up)...that was a mistake, because i don't know where it was pulling them from. evidently, everything is still there, somewhere...but hidden. how can i find those files? I already tried searching with finder before this and found nothing.

man...i was just "fishing" in the dark. that really surprised me!
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

The Finder doesn't search hidden files so if they are hidden your not going to find them using the Finder.
Instead use EasyFind it can really search everywhere on the HD, use the name of a song(s) you know you should have as a search criteria.
Download EasyFind for Mac - File, folder, and text contents search tool. MacUpdate Mac Software Downloads

QUOTE Thanks
emmanevada

thanks...i'll try that. after looking around a bit, i think the files it was downloading into iTunes were stored in other folders....not the big music library that i lost...just bits and pieces i had either sent in an email or imbedded in a doc or saved in another folder for use with an animation, etc.

is it possible the music library couold be hidden? i'll try this. thanks McYukon.

:-)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Zeus 2.1, nVidia GPU overclocking on a mac | problems since Office 2004 for Mac 11.6.1 Update »