What version of Pages saved this file?
    It's been years since I worked on a Mac and I'm a little lost. (My last Mac ran os 7, I think.)

Somehow I've ended up with a Pages file. After doing a bit of research, I haven't come up with any solution that will let me open it on my windows or linux machines. I went to my mother's Mac and tried to open it there, but it tells me it was saved in an incompatible version of Pages. Her computer seems to be running 2.0.1.

Is there a way to tell what version of Pages saved this file so I can upgrade Mom's machine to it? Or some other way to pry the text out of a Pages file?

Thanks, Llama

Quote Originally Posted by cateranllama View Post
    It's been years since I worked on a Mac and I'm a little lost. (My last Mac ran os 7, I think.)

Somehow I've ended up with a Pages file. After doing a bit of research, I haven't come up with any solution that will let me open it on my windows or linux machines. I went to my mother's Mac and tried to open it there, but it tells me it was saved in an incompatible version of Pages. Her computer seems to be running 2.0.1.

Is there a way to tell what version of Pages saved this file so I can upgrade Mom's machine to it? Or some other way to pry the text out of a Pages file?

Thanks, Llama
    That's odd. Why not just ask the person who created it? Or whoever was last able to read it? Are you even absolutely certain it is a Pages file?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information