New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mac Mail Administrator Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schwine1

schwine1 is on a distinguished road

Whenever I want to edit or delete an email contact card in the address book of Mac Mail 4.3 (1081), I need to access the Address Book Card option in the Accounts window of System Preferences.

Even though my Administrator account is the default preference, I cannot edit the Mac Mail address book when I access it directly from the mail program itself. The plus (+) and minus (-) symbols and the edit button only appear when I access the address book via the Address Book Card option in the Accounts window of System Preferences.

Is there a way to access the edit and delete functions of the address book from within the Mac Mail program itself?

The screenshot attachment with this posting illustrates the only way I am currently able to access the edit and delete functions within the Mac Mail address book.

Thanks for any tips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg address book card.jpg (74.9 KB, 5 views)
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

There is not a way to edit your contacts from within the Mail app (that I'm aware of). When accessing Address from within the New Message window in the To: or Cc: box, that is merely for selecting existing addresses.

However, you do not need to access the Address Book via System Prefernces. Address Book is on the dock in a default install of the OS. If you have removed it from the dock, you can add it back or use the Applications stack to open it directly.

And don't ask me. I don't have a clue why the Address Book is a separate app from the Mail app. Doesn't make much sense to me either.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
schwine1

schwine1 is on a distinguished road

Got it. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« College tools | similar software to MacCleanse »