New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Diablo 2 & Expansion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

doomzmaster

doomzmaster is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook 14" 1.42GHz 512MB Ram

I've heard a lot of stories about people not being able to install Diablo 2 and the Expansion on Tiger. I'm getting a new Powerbook soon and Diablo 2 makes up a very large majority of my light video gaming so i was wonderin' if anyone here has sucesfully installed it? And if so do you have any tips for a soon to be Powerbook owner?
QUOTE Thanks
Ey3 D

Well I play Diablo 2 on my iBook G4 (see Mac Specs) and it works great. Since my iBook is probably less powerful than your PowerBook, then yeah, I would say it would play great. The installation is long but worth it. No prblems I encountered. I had Panther when I installed it, but now I have Tiger and it has improved in performance if anything. Just remember to put it in a box by using command (or apple)+m during gampeplay. Better graphics and less lag.
QUOTE Thanks
doomzmaster

doomzmaster is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook 14" 1.42GHz 512MB Ram

Does making it a window increase performance?
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

I used to be an avid D2 LOD player until I got my iMac G5 (10.4.1). D2 ran horribly on my system and I could not get it to work half as well as it di on my PC. Now I have a level 85 L/F Zon, with a Shako and a Gheeds sitting in cyberspace, bored out of her mind.
QUOTE Thanks
Ey3 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomzmaster
Does making it a window increase performance?
Yes, it seems to for me at least. Nearly no lag. Once I had the game in a window, Photoshop, AdiumX, Mail, Safari, Firefox, System Preferences, Garageband open. Now that is a lot. I had like 5 images in Photoshop. I was lagging in some other apps when I switched to them, but Diablo 2 was for the most part smooth.
QUOTE Thanks
Gert Frobe

Gert Frobe is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook, 1.67GHz, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, 128MB Video. 20GB iPod. 512MB iPod Shuffle. 80GB ipod

In contrast to all the previous posts, Diablo 2 did not properly install on my 15" Powerbook running Tiger. Is this because I lack the expansion or simply because the game does not run 10.4?
QUOTE Thanks
yubozhao

mine said that it need mac classic to install it, where i get that or is there a way around
QUOTE Thanks
claudius753

claudius753 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB

If it's not on your Diablo II install discs, then go to version tracker to get the OS X installer. http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14176

Nathan Sweeney

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System if someone helps you out!
Come and help save lives by Folding
QUOTE Thanks
Gert Frobe

Gert Frobe is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook, 1.67GHz, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, 128MB Video. 20GB iPod. 512MB iPod Shuffle. 80GB ipod

well, i feel like an idiot. i returned the game because i felt using classic seemed to taxing. its hard adjusting to this mac business.
QUOTE Thanks
Netherfox

http://blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quicktime Forgets My Prefrences | Switching between Mail accounts »