Specs:
    ibook 14" 1.42GHz 512MB Ram
    Diablo 2 & Expansion
    I've heard a lot of stories about people not being able to install Diablo 2 and the Expansion on Tiger. I'm getting a new Powerbook soon and Diablo 2 makes up a very large majority of my light video gaming so i was wonderin' if anyone here has sucesfully installed it? And if so do you have any tips for a soon to be Powerbook owner?

Ey3 D
    Well I play Diablo 2 on my iBook G4 (see Mac Specs) and it works great. Since my iBook is probably less powerful than your PowerBook, then yeah, I would say it would play great. The installation is long but worth it. No prblems I encountered. I had Panther when I installed it, but now I have Tiger and it has improved in performance if anything. Just remember to put it in a box by using command (or apple)+m during gampeplay. Better graphics and less lag.

Specs:
    ibook 14" 1.42GHz 512MB Ram
    Does making it a window increase performance?

badmojo
    I used to be an avid D2 LOD player until I got my iMac G5 (10.4.1). D2 ran horribly on my system and I could not get it to work half as well as it di on my PC. Now I have a level 85 L/F Zon, with a Shako and a Gheeds sitting in cyberspace, bored out of her mind.

Ey3 D
    Quote Originally Posted by doomzmaster
    Does making it a window increase performance?
    Yes, it seems to for me at least. Nearly no lag. Once I had the game in a window, Photoshop, AdiumX, Mail, Safari, Firefox, System Preferences, Garageband open. Now that is a lot. I had like 5 images in Photoshop. I was lagging in some other apps when I switched to them, but Diablo 2 was for the most part smooth.

Specs:
    15" Powerbook, 1.67GHz, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, 128MB Video. 20GB iPod. 512MB iPod Shuffle. 80GB ipod
    In contrast to all the previous posts, Diablo 2 did not properly install on my 15" Powerbook running Tiger. Is this because I lack the expansion or simply because the game does not run 10.4?

yubozhao
    mine said that it need mac classic to install it, where i get that or is there a way around

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
    If it's not on your Diablo II install discs, then go to version tracker to get the OS X installer. http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14176
    Nathan Sweeney

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System if someone helps you out!
    Come and help save lives by Folding

Specs:
    15" Powerbook, 1.67GHz, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, 128MB Video. 20GB iPod. 512MB iPod Shuffle. 80GB ipod
    well, i feel like an idiot. i returned the game because i felt using classic seemed to taxing. its hard adjusting to this mac business.

Thread Information