Unhappy Burning a DVD+RW with Toast 6 Titanium?
    Can someone give me stupid-proof step-by-step instructions on how to burn a DVD+RW so I can rewrite to it later? I've already wasted one disc because it was finalized, but I don't see any options to change that.

m19

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    You can burn a DVD+RW or DVD-RW, just like you do a DVD+R or a DVD-R. The only difference is that you need to erase the disk to use it again. Under the recorder menu, you will find the erase option.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Red face
    Hang on...

I probably should've been more descriptive when describing what I'm trying to do. The purpose of this disc was to act as an archive of files so having to erase it each time isn't an option: I need to keep the files on there and then add more at a later point in time. I would've thought it'd be like a CD-RW where I can add one file, then add another file later, etc.

Urgh. What's the point of having a rewritable disc if you have to keep erasing it? Surely there's some way to just *add* files without wiping it each time?

m19

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    here is the problem as I see it. In the windows environment you create a DVD or CD. Later you you just add more files to the disk. I believe what you are really doing is a fast erase and coping all the previous files, including the new ones to disk.

I don't you can do this with Toast. You can create sessions thou. Where each session is a small piece of the disk.

What I tend to do when I make my archives, I use a combination of DVDs and CDs. I use about 7 CD-RWs, after which I burn to a DVD-Rs for archiving purposes. Unless it is video data which I use DVD-RWs, first.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

That makes sense... Another message board's member seemed to indicate that I could only do what I wanted to with a DVD-RAM disc. Seems stupid, considering it would always work with a CD-RW but not a DVD+RW.

Stupid naming conventions...

m19

Thread Information