New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Saving Files to PDF & Saving Files as Word Doc

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hschaars

hschaars is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini, 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor; 3MB shared L2 cache, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM;320GB SATA

I have 2 questions. One is saving a project as a PDF. I used to do this with Cute PDF Writer when I had my PC, but now I have a MacMini. I went to Print and then saved it as a PDF, but it only saves one page. How do I get all the pages of my project saved as a PDF?

I'm also having a problem saving a document as a Word doc. It will save as a .doc document, but when I email the file, it can't be opened by the recipient. What am I doing wrong? I was trying to email my resume, which I composed in Pages, but it can't be opened.

Helen
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

When printing a PDF, make sure that in the first Print dialogue you have Pages "All" enabled.

When saving the document as a .doc, try using the Export function under the File menu.
And when emailing the file sometimes it helps if you send it as a .zip file. Right click the .doc and "Compress FILENAME", then send the .zip

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
hschaars

Mac Specs: Mac mini, 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor; 3MB shared L2 cache, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM;320GB SATA

I'm trying to save a greeting card created in PrintShop. There is no option to save "All" pages, just front/back and inside. I can save regular documents with multiple pages with no problems. I'm attaching a screen shot of the print menu. I unchecked Collated and hit the select all button, but nothing changed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PrintHalfPageCardProject.jpg (71.4 KB, 5 views)
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschaars View Post
I'm also having a problem saving a document as a Word doc ... when I email the file, it can't be opened by the recipient.
Same problem, very recent. Do you have to save/send your resume in Word format? Can you use .pdf instead, via the Print > Save As .pdf method?

Which version of Word (or Office) are you using? In my case it's Office 04, and the recipient using Win XP receives a .doc which opens in gibberish. I've just done a very large (192 Mb) update to Office 04. I'm wondering, and will test to see, if that cures the incompatibility issue.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
hschaars

I finally sent my resume to the recruiter in .pdf format. I originally saved my resume in Microsoft Word 97 - 2004 document and she couldn't open it. I have no Microsoft products on this computer and I never had Microsoft products on my previous pc's. I used WordPerfect and if there was a Mac version, I would be using it now.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice

Quote:
I used WordPerfect and if there was a Mac version, I would be using it now.
Might this help you? WPDOS - WordPerfect for the Mac on Intel Macs

Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
hschaars

Has anyone figured out why saving documents created in Pages can't be saved as a Word doc.?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Has anyone figured out why saving documents created in Pages can't be saved as a Word doc.?
If you're referring to the WP program "Pages" which is part of the iWork suite, it can save to the MS Office Word *.DOC file format. It doesn't do it by default, you must select that as a choice from the drop down menu each time you wish to save a Pages document to MS Word *.DOC.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
hschaars

I saved my resume created in Pages as a .doc document, but when I emailed it to someone, they couldn't open it in Word. I couldn't upload my resume to a website either. They required a Word document. What could I be doing wrong?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Tell us exactly how you're saving the document. It can be saved as *.DOC (Word 97 - 2003), is that how you saved it?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
hschaars

Yes. It is saved as *.DOC (Word 97 - 2004).
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

Three things:
1. Have you checked for corrupt fonts? [http://word.mvps.org/mac/corruptfonterrors.html]
2. Are the receivers of the .doc using WinOS? There should not be a compatibility issue, but 'should' doesn't always mean won't, especially as you're using Pages rather than MSWord itself.
3. Try putting the document content into TextEdit and then saving it in Word format. There will be issues to do with formatting etc, which may dissuade you from trying that method.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mail Question | Printing Selection »