New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

mail.app and gmail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

justin1083

i know there have been threads on this already, but no one who's been having issues has responded to say that they resolved them. when i try to use gmail with mail.app, i can send messages, but not receive them. i followed the instructions from google exactly and enabled pop, so i'm not sure why i can't get any messages in my inbox (or sent folder, etc). has anyone had this problem and solved it? there aren't any issues with any of my other programs, or any of the other email accounts i use with mail.app...thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
dstopsky

dstopsky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000

I haven't had any issues with mail using gmail, hotmail or yahoo. If you think you're positive that you have set all of the settings correctly then my only suggestion would be to check them all again, and if you still cannot find the source of the problem then to delete the gmail account from mail and add it again. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
QUOTE Thanks
snausages

snausages is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

dstopsky,

Would you share how to set up mail.app with hotmail, please?
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

This might help somewhat:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...41&query=Gmail
QUOTE Thanks
PaRaGoNViCtiM

Justin1083..I was having the same problem..I could send mail from Mac but I couldn't receive it. However, tonight I just figured out how to do it. I also added my hotmail/msn account, and that is working perfectly as well. If you still need help, email me: paragonvictim@Msn.com, and I will show you step by step how to do it.
QUOTE Thanks
johninc

johninc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstopsky
I haven't had any issues with mail using gmail, hotmail or yahoo...
Same.
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

Sometimes (actually most of the time) ISPs block you from using any outgoing server other than their own. So if you just set the outgoing mail server to that of your ISPs then you should be OK.

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
dstopsky

dstopsky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr04
dstopsky,
Would you share how to set up mail.app with hotmail, please?
Sorry it took so long to reply to this post. I just happened to see it today.

Go here and follow the directions. Make sure you download the correct file for your OS. Setting up is a breeze and I've had no issues with this nifty plug-in, but make sure your settings are correct in Preferences. PM me if you have any problems.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Garageband--my loops are NOT indexing correctly | iCal »